Another 1930s quilt finished

Hi Everyone

Lyn has e-mailed me the photos of her finished quilt. Hope you like it. Will try and copy her e-mail also, keeping fingers crossed it works

Lyn I think it is gorgeous.

2193053260104476957S425x425Q85.jpg

Back of the quilt

2114651210104476957S425x425Q85.jpg

Teresa and all the other APQS chatters who sent me a block,

I challenged myself to have the top pieced and quilted by the end of July, which I did. I still need to bind it. It is also the 100th project I have quilted on my my Feb 2008 Millenium longarm.

It is all freehand with some marking for spines/ spacing of crosshatching using the Simflex gauge.

As I don’t have a webshots account I thought I would email you these photos instead. I have taken your addresses from your profiles on the chat.

This is quilted with So Fine #401 top and Bottomline#624 Bobbin; using a Matilda’s Own(Victorian Textiles) 80% Wool 20% polyester batting, and a Batik wide back

Thanks for sending me your blocks to include in my quilt top. Bobbi you didn’t send me a block but I was inspired to make my own from your blocks.

If any one know Susan Ramey’s, Saundra’s or Diane Brodin’s email address could you please let me know them if allowed.

Lyn Crump

Busy Quilting

Withcott Queensland

Australia

Beautiful quilt and quilting. I love the Ice Cream Cone border that you put on it and your quilting is so good. Congrats for finishing your 1930's quilt! It looks like you treated each block separate. Did you? I would love to see some more blocks! Thanks for getting these to Karen to post.;)

Thanks, for your praises. I had fun doing this now I just need to put that bias binding on it.

I quilted each block the same, with a square corner feathered wreath. With a double echo in the centre of the circle to fill in a bit more.

SID around each block, inside sashing crosshatched - worked out a way to go all the way across the quilt and SID the small green cornerestones of the sahing while I was doing it. SID "icecream cones" then put a swirl and ? as well. Outer Setting triangles a large feather ala Jessica Jones. I feel they are to big but I have other quilts to do so wanted it finished quickly. Not that 10 hours is quick!

Now I can go PPP some more on 6 more Community quilts that I have here to do.

Lyn

Archived