Winter Wonderland

I love snowmen! What a fantastic quilt, and your quilting is great. Thanks so much for posting a picture. What inspiration!

Now for bothersome questions: The border looks like sashiko stars. Did you use a plain straight ruler, or something shaped? Marking? The crosshatching in the blocks, did you just run over the redwork? Thread? monopoly, or white cotton?

Thanks Julia!

Thanks for the kind comments, now to answer the questions:

I used the sashinko stars template from Longarm University along with the stencil grid for it. The thread was so fine in an off white (can't remember the number right now)- the crosshatching did just run over the redwork.

JULIA

What a beautiful quilt. I also was very interested in the sashiko border, infact I was just a few minutes ago looking at the templates and wondering how hard they would be to mark and use. what size did you buy, did you get the stars and the wave rulers?

it is my next ruler on my list, I have it in mind for the background of my oriental circles quilt. Not sure what size ruler to buy though, Thanks for posting, I love redwork as well!!

Archived