I JUST HEARD FROM SHANNON UPDATE 12:45pm 9/22

Shannon just called...she has a bit of phone today, it comes and goes....still has a hard time hearing me but I could hear her very well. She and Davis are high and dry, the water has receded to be back out into the field and she is counting her blessing and feeling your dry thoughts and prayers.

The bunny may not be as well off....as we were getting off the phone she poked her head into the bunny box, and the little girl is down...and not looking good, so this little one may be on its way to bunny heaven really really soon.

She is so grateful for your thoughts and well wishes, and has had to stop herself a couple times today from grumbling as she was putting things back into the studio about how stupid she was for moving it yesterday... I was going to yell at her, but she took care of that herself, she stopped and said that she knows she is blessed and is stopping to thank God that he didn't take from them as so many there are in what could be called a war zone. Downtown to her looks like Katrina (her words) and it will be days and weeks before things get back to normal for many many people...so she decided that she should just shutup and thank God for sparinig her.

Again she sends her thanks to you all for your blessings and your friendship...it does mean alot to her, and she will be back AS SOON as possible. Even with a little bit of phone today, the internet isn't working AT all so they will see how soon the repair people can get to them...they have a standing order for repairs on the 28th, but with this storm things could get a bit delayed and she realizes that.

Bonnie, so many BIG thanks for passing word along to us, it means a lot.. glad she is safe, heard todays news and they said it was to start in again today. Hope it's not true and she isn't putting things back only to have to move them again. Also if she has a fabric advance on her machine, I'd suggest she remove it and move it upstairs, too, if possible.

Please tell our Doodlebug we love and miss her and certainly will be praying for her.

Seems to be quite a few missing right now.. is Innovations over?

Rita & Himself.

*wave* THANK YOU for the thoughts and prayers....i felt them, and i think God heard and realized he left the faucet on...

i'm well, all kritters are well. the bunny went to the rainbow field...that was sad...:( i tried.

i feel horrible even talking about my ordeal. some people lost everything. i luckily stayed dry...if you remember the last pic i posted, the water came up closer than that. see the paver stones behind the explorer...they were under water at the highest. i was just scared. i can say i've never seen that much water ever...

roads are still closed, water treatment plants are failing (no big surprise there), schools are closed, i'm sending prayers to the unlucky ones...i finally heard that there were deaths...not watching the tv...

so keeping sending prayers....i may no longer 'need' them, but others do.

Shannon, they showed 6-flags on TV this afternoon and it is UNDER water! Glad we didn't make the trip this year!!!!!! Stay dry. It is raining cats and dogs here. My dry creek bed is also under water. Thank goodness we have a dry creek bed. I live on a very high hill so the water runs off quickly. Take care and keep letting us hear. Sorry about Bunny Baby.

Bonnie, thanks so much for keeping us posted on Shannon. You rock!

Shannon,,, honey I am glad you are OK. Yup, no whining about packing stuff up out of the way only to return them back... just think of it as a good "exercise" in event of another emergency. Now you know what to think through "just in case" for the future. It's always a good idea to have a safety plan in place for a future event. You never know. Have an evac plan. That's always a good idea.

Sorry to hear about bunny but you tried. I keep everyone down there in my thoughts/prayers.

Hey Shannon, I've been thinking of you for days. I'm so glad you are alright. God bless you for trying to save a bunny especially with everything else you are dealing with. We are lucky to have you. Hugs and prayers are sent to you and Davis and all else who needs it.

Archived