just when you thought it was safe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Neher-in-law5

Well you know Dory, summer quilts have no batting in them. This might be one that she can't decide if it is for summer or winter. :P

I think she just wanted a warm side for herself and the cooler side for the stove that sleeps with her!

No actually its more like the warm side for hubby and she being the stove. That's how it would be at my house....man if its warmer than 65 in my room I can't sleep...I'm so looking forward to winter, we don't turn the heat on in our room. I will be able to SLEEP like a baby.

Originally posted by doodlebug

i wish you could shoot a quilt and put it out of it's misery...

Love this idea!!!! At first when I looked at the photo - I thought - OH man!!! Why did that lady put those 2 fabrics together for her border - yeicks!!!! :o

I see now that the purple zig-zag stripey stuff is for the backing - I do like the fabrics, just NOT right next to each other!!! Interesting......:cool:

Work your magic - maybe if you just PULL on that batting just a bit....... :P (just kidding!!!)

Originally posted by Judi

Originally posted by doodlebug

i wish you could shoot a quilt and put it out of it's misery...

Love this idea!!!! At first when I looked at the photo - I thought - OH man!!! Why did that lady put those 2 fabrics together for her border - yeicks!!!! :o

I see now that the purple zig-zag stripey stuff is for the backing - I do like the fabrics, just NOT right next to each other!!! Interesting......:cool:

Work your magic - maybe if you just PULL on that batting just a bit....... :P (just kidding!!!)

Hey that would work...put your foot up there and just yank on it a bit.... or better yet, get the wire stretcher out, and see if that doesn't work.

hahaha I had this happen to me on a "rush" job!! Also the backing was too short and she had to go and buy 3 more yards of fabric. So she shows up with 2 yards, saying that was all they had!!:mad::mad: So, I split it length wise and pieced it in the center and added it to the back! Oh yes, I charged her BIG. Did I mention I had to wash and dry the extra, before I could add it on!! What a nightmare. And her top border was 4" too big. Had to frog and reattach that too. The sides were also too wavy to fit in so I made a pleat and slip stitched it closed. Oh the trials and tribulation of our work!!:D:D

i was hoping to cheer some people up...glad i could be of service :)

*v-8 slap* batting on only half.....duh! :P

last year for my christmas 'gifts' for my customers, i looked into 120" long measuring tapes....seriously....

like i told bonnie- haste made waste- her money, my time...

well linda- contrary to popular belief (:P) LAers don't have a magic wand...i frogged the seams and resewed them making sure i had a true (flat) miter

i charged my regular machine prep per hour charge. i have also decided (and realized) i need a 'reload' fee. so that will be added to my pricing structure...

Archived