opinion asked for...

i'm doing a BOM on my blog and the setting i created has a large square in the center (think medallion) with the blocks around it on point...

so i drew out this design to be appliqued in the center....

whatcha think? (i think the flowers look like the mushrooms from the original mario brothers.....) excuse the crudeness of it, i only drew one 'corner' and used paint to flip and rotate to create the entire block design...

post--13461903111279_thumb.jpg

I really like it too. Just exactly how did you draw this design. Did you draw it on paper, scan it to the computer, use paint to flip it etc. I'm not good with the computer and didn't realize how easy it would be to flip a design. Thanks for your help!

mary beth- i was thinking stylized daffodils when i drew them...so your thinking they were jonquils is good

libby- i cut out a 15" square of freezer paper, folded it in halves, then on the diagonal. then i sketched my idea with pencil. oncei got what i wanted i went over it in sharpie. i took a picture of it opened it in paint and cropped, resized and copied the image to get four, then i rotated it and put it together....

dell- i post the block on the second monday of each month....so this monday i'll post january's block (*shhhh* it's an exploding ohio star) you can click my blog address under my name in my signature and it shold take you to my blog...then on the left in the widget bar you'll see links to all the BOM 'stuff'

i recently posted the finished quilt picture HERE

dory- you've been telling me that for two months now...i'll believe ya when i see some pictures:P

Shannon,

I wouldn't change a thing, absolutely beautiful applique design. Great possibilities for quilting also. I love original work, it is inspiring to see your BOM's progress. You are tempting me to jump right in. I am going away for almost 2 weeks but when I get back it will be at the top of my to do list. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Lisa

Archived