Commited, I should be

I've just posted on my blog a picture of the quilt that has been in my frame for a month. I was starting to think I would never finish it. I did know that dense background fills were a commitment but I didn't think it would take that long. However I am now desperate to start on another even bigger one of a similar design. There must be something seriously wrong with me.

I will get some customer quilts done first and fit zippers. I can't have another quilt living on my frame for over a month right.

Ferret

OMG!!!!!

Wow, that is intense.

I am amazed it only tied you up for a month. That is some major quilting it is truely spectacular. I love it.

Thanks for sharing.

I think zippers are defenitely a must for you. I just ordered mine 2 days ago so I guess we will both be installing zippers net week.

Thanks for sharing,

Lisa

The quilt is a wholecloth. The fabric is a Heidi Stoll Weber hand dyed sateen. I love her fabrics. The top threads are Signature and the bottom Masterpiece. I normally use Masterpiece in the top too for my wholecloths, but I wanted to lay down more thread on this one. I don't know how much thread is in it (but I need to buy more of both top threads) the area around my bin looks like it has been snowing paper bobbins :)

There are only two colours of thread in it, the cream and a black. The cream area is all pebbles but the black is my curls shrunk down to tiny. They do go a lot faster for me than the pebbles, and the time I quoted was for the black curls.

It might take more than a week to catch up on customer work and get my zippers on, but I can tell I really need them.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been too close for too long and I really needed some other opinions.

Ferret

Archived