where's the nomination form?

i would like to nominate myself for running in the 'She Who Dies With the Most Fabric Wins' contest...my friend helped me bag up The Stash (it deserves a name now..)

mothers, lock up your children....

the squeamish- cover your eyes

because from the deepest recesses of shannon's studio comes...

DA DA DUUUMMMM

THE STASH!

(just when you thought it was safe....)

a large two car garage...all quilty stuff:

post--134619041969_thumb.jpg

you have my complete permission to show your hubby and say, "see, i told you my stash wasn't bad...look how much she has..."

if i can't be a good example, i'll just have to be a horrible warning :)

the zinger- that's not all of it......

barney for scale:

post--13461904197471_thumb.jpg

Gee, I don't feel so bad now. After organizing mine somewhat to frame and sheetrock, I have really limited my buying. That is my story that I tell my husband and I'm sticking to it. Of course my project today only lacked 2-1/2 inches of fabric. I ended up buying 2-1/2 yards. What he don't know, won't hurt me.

Shirley

You might want to put huge signs on all of these bags. Notice, This is not garbage throw it out and you Die!! Just had a horrible thought that someone might mistake it for garbage and clean out your garage at the curb, oh No!! This late at night and right before bed, Oh man now I am going to have nightmares of the garbage trucks hauling off all of doodlebugs Stash!! Time for bed, Sweet Dreams

I salute you oh worthy High Priestess, I thought I was bad. Needed 5 yards of batiks for the block swap so bought 30 yards, my divine reasoning is that I did not have one piece of batik so thought it was a good time to start collecting.:o:o

Definitely won't show hubby as he may know all my hiding spots and then I would be in trouble:P:P

Safe journey Shannon, hope the move is trouble free..

Well girl you have taken the first crucial steps in The Fabriholic Addiction recovery program.

This is a 6 step recovery program (not for the weak):

Step 1) Admitting you have a problem - which you have done

Step 2) Asking for help - which you did by getting your friend to help you pack your stash all up

Step 3) Realizing you are powerless to the almighty fabric store and respectly limit your fabric purchases to once a month (unless of course you need fabric to finish a quilt, or round out your stash or make yourself feel better, you know only the essentials;))

Step 4) Make an inventory of your fabric - now that could take some time.....;)

Step 5) Make amends to the fabric you have wronged - by turning your addiction (stash) into quilts

Step 6) Teach other fabriholics and stash addicts the path to enlightenment and help them to amend their addiction

Now go forth and heal thyself.......:P:P

Safe travels, I hope your new home and studio will bring a lot of happiness.

Take care,

Lisa :)

Travel safely!

I think I come close to the amount of fabric you have:P:o:P I haven't been buying for a few years until this year. I've got to rein in and use what I have, but I don't always have the right piece:o

Karen, you are so funny. Only needing 5 yards of batiks and then buying 30...does your DH read the forum with you?:P:P

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

You might want to put huge signs on all of these bags. Notice, This is not garbage throw it out and you Die!! Just had a horrible thought that someone might mistake it for garbage and clean out your garage at the curb, oh No!! This late at night and right before bed, Oh man now I am going to have nightmares of the garbage trucks hauling off all of doodlebugs Stash!! Time for bed, Sweet Dreams

Oooo, nighmares! Wish you hadn't mentioned that! Shannon, mark those bags!! Safe move and happy landings.

I should show this to my family. They think I have way to much stuff and clearly I have a baby stash compared to you. I hope the move is going well. I don't know the quilt shop in Jonesborough, but there is a nice shop in Johnson City. Not that I am encouraging you to buy more fabric!! Barney looks very confused by all of this.

thanks for the well wishes for the move....it still sucks, and my back is angry at me....barney is just a happy dog. lucky is the one that has been showing anxiety.

oh, the pictures are after i thinned it out- three times! my charity group hit the jack pot....

the bags are clearly marked. i have also set the rule that i am the only one to throw anything away....it goes in a completly seperate area....i've learned from reading the forum :P

"the force is strong in this one"

Good luck and stay well and healthy on this move.. just where are you moving too? I have to get the NC map out and figure out Jonesborough, and Johnson citys... Jonesborough sounds very, VERY familiar..

RitaR

Shannon, I think I could give you a run for your money in the stash dept., but when we moved, it was pretty easy. I've been using the Ikea Antonius drawer system for about 15 years now, and can't imagine anything easier. When we moved I just removed the baskets, stacked them in the back of the van, dismantled the frames and set up was very easy when we got to the new house. AND all my fabric was still all organized. ;)

Ikea seems to keep lowering the price on this system every year, and I'm sure it's now much cheaper than buying Rubbermaid bins or shelving. If your fabric is folded right, you can see everying in the drawer at a glance. I fold mine a certain way and then fold around a 4" or 6" ruler. Just by counting the folds, I know how much fabric is in the piece without opening it up.:cool:

post--13461904199234_thumb.jpg

Archived