My "Heart of Roses"

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Penny, we are not being kind. We are being HONEST. This is just stunningly beautiful. I hope it goes in a show somewhere. What did you have before the Ult? I can't remember?

I have had 2 before this ULT. I had a gammil, bottom line not frills. Then I had an older ULT I again, no frills.

THis Ult II had intelistitch and I love it!!!

Originally posted by Linda G. Craig

Woohoo, jaw-dropping gorgeous, Penny! I really LOVE ch. What's the story behind this quilt? There is always a story, isn't there? Is it for a special occasion ......?

OH Linda,

My friend Sharon and I bought the fabric for our "Heart of Roses" quilts together while at the Lancaster show years ago. Sharon had finished her top, but never had it quilted. After her passing while going through her things, her husband and I found the top. I thought how sad that it was never turned into a quilt. SO, I brought the top home, quilted it for Joe, her husband, and vowed that mine would not end up the same way. I had so much fun doing the quilt that I now have enough fabric to make 2 more, one for each of the girls. And yes, they will become quilts too. LOL

Archived