I'm a CLUTZ!

Yep, if there is a hole within a mile...I WILL find it.

I was painting my office yesterday, and stepped up onto the 2nd step of the step ladder (only has 2 steps! lol!), the ladder tipped kinda sideways, and I got my left pinkie toe caught between the step and the rail of the ladder....DOWN I went holding a gallon can of paint in my left hand (1/4 full) and the wet paint brush in my right hand.

I remember yelling "ouch" kinda loud....

long story short....

Went to urgent care...I have a spiral fracture on the left side of my left foot...they can't set it. It's clean thru, about 3 inches long, and it spiraled my bone when my pinkie toe got caught!

Monday I will call an orthopedic surgeon, and set an appt.

I am on crutches which kill my shoulders/neck cuz of my fibromyalsia...and I borrowed my dads "scooter" to get around the house and outside.

Love being 50 looking 80.

Sheri -

I think I heard you yelling all the way across the ocean! I'm so sorry that you hurt yourself - but on the other hand it probably could have been worse...

But - see what happens when you do "strange" things your body is not used to? Why were you painting when you were supposed to have fun quilting... (Of course, I'm kidding, couldn't resist - sorry!) Sending positive healing vibes your way - we need you all healed up and in good spirits FAST!

Take care and lot of hugs,

Birgit

So sorry Sheri! I had a spiral fracture on the pinky side of the long bone too (in my right foot - so I couldn't drive!!!!). All I did was trip off the curb while bringing out the garbage can (duh - I fell 5 inches?!) Anyway - keep your pain in check - STAY OFF OF IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE - and it's a good time to read quilting books and design things! IF you are really good - you can get a walking cast pretty quickly. IF not (and I wasn't), you will be in and out of a cast and told not to put weight on it for months!! BEST WISHES - good luck!

Wow, Sherri! It's bad enough, but it could have been sooo much worse! I know what you mean about crutches, I couldn't use crutches for several years before I even knew I had RA. Sprained my ankle and couldn't use crutches, just had to keep walking on it, at Christmas no less, Yep I did the mall at Christmas on a badly sprained ankle!

Hope you heal fast, let us know what the ortho says.

So sorry Butla Sista. I am the same klutzy way, as you are so very aware. ;) It's a Butler thang, ya know. I am sad that this happened to you. :( Wish I was closer so I could come over and help you out. Fortunately you have lots of family to be there for your needs. Take care. Love you lots. Sending get well hugs. Shana

I know how you feel Sheri, I have been suffering whiplash injuries in my neck back and shoulders for over 9 weeks now, and have barely touched my Lenni !! it is so depressing !! my chiropractor is trying his hardest though, and having a course of physiotherapy too from next week. I woke up this morning feeling almost normal, but by the end of the day back to square one !! Hopefully not much longer for the healing process !!

I hope you heal quickly and get back to normal soon.;)

Oh Sheri, I bet that hurt!!! So you just take good care of yourself and get that little foot up on a stool, while you take it easy. Maybe get someone to bring you a pile of quilt books and patterns you can go through, I bet you'll find a few quilts you'd like to make.

Now this "Butler" thing. I have often wanted to say to you that my maiden name is Butler. Yup, Linda Butler, although I've been happily married for 36 years, I still think of myself as a Butler. Shana, are you a Butler too? That's just too funny. Does it count that I'm a klutz too?!?! Yup, I am. LOL!!

Hoping that you heal quickly and are not driven too crazy not being able to get around very well. I too had a little mis step and badly sprained my ankle awhile back and then slipped on a baby toy and twisted my knee a few months later all on the same leg. I don't know why we seem to get more clumsy as time goes on. Praying for a quick painless recovery and that you won't miss too much quilting time. Now, please dont' try to finish painting that office.

Sheri, I have to ask.......have you been around Mary Beth recently???? Perhaps some of her "talent" has jumped over to you.....

Sorry to hear about your accident and hope things heal quickly. When my son had a spiral break at 6 mo they told me that was a good thing as it would make the mend stronger.....not sure if it is a good thing at our age.

Take care,

Archived