NQR - 18" ... and its still coming down

Yesterday, we had 3" on the ground; this morning we woke to 18", Poor Dennis spent hours on the tractor plowing and I've been afraid to turn my Millie on because the power keeps going off and on. Its snowing out again now...is it too early to be ready for Spring?:P

post--1346190507288_thumb.jpg

Dory, don't you and Dennis also do embroidery? It's about time to go to www.emblibrary.com and order the designs: Let it Snow...somewhere Else!! Or Welcome winter... please be brief, or You call this winter wonderland? They all are really cute and look great on sweatshirts. I have them on some of mine.

It is a pretty picture though. Thanks for sharing it with us.

To think the 15 other Australians I was with were excited when it started to snow In Lincocn Nebraska the night before we left. Two had never seen snow before.

Most of it was gone by the next morning but we could see it lying on the ground out of the plane windows on our way to Chicago.

At least once it snows there is a visible reason for it being cold.

Lyn

See...you guys get it and a week or two later we get it.... We have snow forcast for the next weekend...!!!!!??????

Dory it looks beautiful...as it does here when it snows but boy does it cause problems and extra work feeding animals and getting to my paid job down a single track road...on the up side...I can always stay in and quilt.....no power...then I can piece on my Singer 99 handcrank...!!!!!

Always something to look forward to!!!!

Best Wishes

Dory, that is a beautiful picture. Looks tranquil. But you can keep it out there a little longer. Good news is the wind has been from the south the last few days and allowed me a FREE leaf blower to rake the inside yard to the pasture. Just had to be able to lift the leaves high enough to clear the fence and away they went!

Think of us northerners Syvia...SE Minnesota is forecasted to get freezing rain before snow late this afternoon and over night. Not much snow accumulation expected. Another front coming in on Wednesday just in time for holiday travel. Just heard on the radio that the Minneapolis/St Paul area had the freezing rain over the weekend causing over 400 accidents, 57 injuries and 2 deaths. I think I would rather go straight to snow and skip the ice!!!

18" this early is a bit much I have to agree....wow, in a way I'm glad I'm not there, but then sad, because the Sierra's are gorgeous when covered in snow.

P.S. keep it on your side of the river till at least Sunday, I have to deliver a machine to Western PA on Friday and Saturday.:P:P:P

Dory,

We got the white stuff too :(

Being a skier I don't totally hate the snow, but the month of snow before the ski hill opens really leaves a lot to be desired.

Your picture really is beautiful, everything looks so new and fresh with a layer of snow on it. :)

Have you got a UPS battery backup on your Mille? If not you should consider one as it is much better than a surge protector and you don't have to worry if the power might go on and off.

Take care, drive safe,

Lisa :)

We have it here too only its going from flakes to freezing rain back to flakes and so on. . . Wish I was at home with my Mille but I'm at work and have to worry about driving home later (after it gets colder) Hope they out there with the salt and stuff!!!

At this point I would rather it was all snow (with the power of course!!)

Love snow.. hate the problems it causes..., so, a big window, comfy chair, cuppa tea and a good book work just right. I only lack the comfy place by a window to put my comfy chair. LOL...

Please, everyone stay as safe as you can.. and healthy!~!!

God Bless,

Archived