mother of the bride

Haven't been quilting this week. Had to finish the "Mother of the Bride" dress. Thought you'd like to see what I do besides quilting.

I had to design this dress and place the fabric in the right place to create the design in front. Mandarin collar that I piped with black cording. Lined it so she doesn't need to wear the slip. Now, I can get back to quilting, LOL!

post--13461905292831_thumb.jpg

I LOVE Hawaiian prints!

maybe it's because I'm stuck in MT with snow up to my.... lol!

That's gorgeous. I just met a lady at quilt guild that lives 1/2 the time here, and half the time in Hawaii....not sure exactly where yet. I told her she's in the Wrong place right at the moment!

s

OMG!! I couldn't sew like that if I lived three lives back to back, what a fabric wizard you are, you should get together with Ferret! Between the two of you , you could design and make costumes for movies, and probably win the Oscar while you were at it!

I think I enjoy quilting so much because I DON'T DO CLOTHES, I certainly admire seeing all the talent everyone else has.

Wow Hitomi, that's beautiful! No wonder you are already a great quilter!

My baby sister used to design & make wedding dresses. Just before Christmas she finished her 1st quilt - a Carolina Lily lap quilt for her MIL. She just sent me a pic. She even machine quilted it herself on her DSM. It looks perfect. If you are a skilled dressmaker & can get over the difference between a 5/8" seam & a 1/4" seam, making a quilt seems to be a piece of cake!

Archived