In my new abode

Well, I'm all here but I can't find everything yet. Lots of boxes that need to be taken care of and "I know that I just saw that" 's. I know that it will take some time to get all settled, only a couple of glitches - fridge was 1/4" too wide for the space, small remodeling of the kitchen took place with moving a cabinet across the room and then at 2 AM this morning the 7 1/2' wire rod & shelf in my walk in closet fell off the wall, so I was at Home Depot at 7 AM to get more supports and brackets to hold it up. Talk about an abrupt wake up!!! Sounded like a tree hit the house. But other than that, it has gone well. Now to bed to try and get a FULL nights sleep:)

You will look back and laugh at that wake up call....the first night is always the worst...now you will feel more at home...hope you are able to find a new place for all of your things and enjoy your new home! We moved over 18 times in our 23 year military career and it will feel like home in no time....

When I was looking for a new fridge, I had the same problem. The new ones were 3/4" taller than my opening and there was no way of moving the cabinets above it. So, I had to settle for a smaller fridge than what I had. Bummer.

I also had the same experience with a rod in the closet when I spent the first night with my new hubby (43 years ago). It sounded like the house was falling in. Since then my husband also reinforces all shelves and rods in the closets. LOL

Congrats on the move, Patty Jo! We all want pics of your new place. I've moved so many times (in my previous life) that I always enjoyed unpacking and figuring out where I wanted to put things. Of course, I could never find anything after that, but it sure was nice initially!;)

Originally posted by Gator

PattyJo, tell the truth, you had your stash in that closet!!!!!

Just kidding.:cool: Have fun in your new home.

That's just what I was thinking!!:D:D:P:P

I'd love to come out and help you!! But, alas, I am saving for Paducah!!

Good luck! I know you'll have it just right in no time at all! You're a handy person and mechanically minded!!

Love ya!! ;)

Guest Linda S

Glad you're getting to settle in, Pat. I hope the rest goes more smoothly. I cannot even imagine moving at this time of life. I'd never find anything!

Linda

Yes, last night was a good one and I woke up feeling way more rested. Thanks everyone. I could send you pics now, but all it shows is one big mess! But it is getting better. Back to work...;)

Re my stash: That got moved over a couple of days before the big push and was sitting on the floor of a closet. I didn't want the movers drooling all over my precious fabrics. And, I knew better than to put that up on the shelf!:D

Archived