Oriental Tudor Roses ....

Hi there, I've just finished binding this quilt, it's a stack and wack style using Paula Nadelstern fabrics....it's been a UFO for a while as I was a bit stuck on how to quilt it but was thinking water lillies, with the help of the backing fabric they turned into tudor roses...lol

I used 2 layers of black Hobbs 80/20, various colours of Glide threads on top and black Bottomline in the bobbin.

I've been waiting for the right quilt to try this border treatment and would like to attribute the border design to Raylene Smith in Australia and then Donna James in Canada for the marking instructions, it turned out to be the perfect border for this quilt!

As usual more photos on my blog!

6251042651_aa0cdae8ba_z.jpg

Oriental Tudor 3 by Borderline Quilter, on Flickr

6251571450_2b83c29808_z.jpg

Oriental Tudor Roses 2 by Borderline Quilter, on Flickr

6251043443_9a20756ffa_z.jpg

Oriental Tudor Roses by Borderline Quilter, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

This is Fabulous. I love everything about it. I have a question. How do you get the colors to show so well? Do you quilt over it twice, or is it just the type of thread your using? Hope that's not a dumb question, but when I try quilting with a contrasting thread, I don't get that definition. I love how that looks.

Peggy

I'm totally impressed, Kay, with your sense of design, your quilts, your blog and your website. You're incredibly talented and your blogspot is lots of fun -- very high tech. I liked the spinning earth with sparkles where visitors live and I appreciated how easy it was to see quilts with the blow-up feature. Thanks for participating on the Forum and sharing!

Originally posted by peglu

I have a question. How do you get the colors to show so well? Do you quilt over it twice, or is it just the type of thread your using? Hope that's not a dumb question, but when I try quilting with a contrasting thread, I don't get that definition. I love how that looks.

Peggy

Hi Peggy, Not a dumb question at all, I used Glide thread and am please with how the colours turned out ....maybe in real life just slightly less bright than my photos here on the forum, I don't always use a flash but did use it for some of the photos.....I did wondered if I should use a glitter thread but would have had to mess with tension....although I may add beads or crystals later but think I will live with it a while before making a decision....thanks for asking.

Archived