Remember the BAQ quilt I did?

Hey girls I thought I'd share some exciting news. Remember the BAQ that I quilted just before the holidays. Well the owner just emailed me to say that "We won the Blue Ribbon at the New Jersey show for best machine quilting." How exciting that is and I love that she said "we" won. She is definitely one to give credit which is wonderful. It was a pleasure to work on this quilt and exciting to see it get awards. Here is the link of the winners. They didn't list my name on the website but the owner clearly listed me as the quilter. http://www.quiltfest.com/activities_detail.asp?id=244

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super job and fabulous quilting, Heidi! It seems that if you win for best machine quilting your name should be on it! I have learned the hard way that in many cases both you and the quilt maker must be listed on the first line as entrants together to receive equal billing. Try it that way in the next show and see what happens.

Originally posted by DawnCavanaugh

Super job and fabulous quilting, Heidi! It seems that if you win for best machine quilting your name should be on it! I have learned the hard way that in many cases both you and the quilt maker must be listed on the first line as entrants together to receive equal billing. Try it that way in the next show and see what happens.

Good to know Dawn. She did list me as the machine quilter and it was noted on the card, just didn't make the website. I have no doubt though that she gives me credit for the quilting. It was a super quilt to have the honor to work on.

Archived