Mama's Anniversary Quilt Finished!

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who gave me help and ideas to finish Mama and Daddy's quilt for their 60th wedding anniversary last October. Vickie and Dell, you were there for me all the way. Sorry I haven't posted pictures sooner, but posting pictures on the new forum is intimidating. Thank you Heidi for you Flickr directions. Mama was thrilled with her quilt. Daddy's first comment was " What a beautiful rug", he's a real joker. I took pictures of it on her bed after she finally put it on there. She wanted to take it everywhere with her to show all her friends. I put my foot down when she wanted to take it to the Holiday Inn for the big Anniversary Party with over 100 guests! I didn't want people touching it, possibly with food on their hands, and I didn't want to be responsible for keeping track of it with that many guests and hotel employees going in and out of the room all night.

Quilt on the Bed 8358494346_c5b7a56e5d.jpg

IMG_0369 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92044371@N08/8358496812/]8358496812_1eb93868c3.jpg[/url]

IMG_0375 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

8358495408_d63714a192.jpg

IMG_0371 by Heirloom Quilter, on Flickr

Congratulations on having parents married 60 years! That is awesome; my father passed suddenly two weeks after their 50th; my Mother was so lonely after that! I made them a 50th Anniversary quilt which I now have since they are both gone. Your quilt is beautiful and I know you all with have many years to enjoy it. Thank you for sharing your quilt and story!

Archived