Dragonfly Party 2 AKA The Colorado Quilt

I know, I only drop by to show special quilts these days but just coz life got a bit busy....

This was a quilt top sent to me in Scotland from Colorado....it's one of two twins, the other being quilted by Judy Madsen, AKA The Green Fairy.....

As usual more info and photos on my blog....http://borderlinequilter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/dragonfly-party-2-aka-colorado-quilt.html

Thanks for looking....

8664443172_822dc3aa7f_z.jpg

8664446768_b7a1e71761_z.jpg

8664448430_75628182c7_z.jpg

So beautiful, Kay. You are very talented and artistic! Those squares look like they pushed the limits of your throat space ... what a pain to SID, I would think, with all the roll, roll, rolling back and forth! Do you tend to stabilize by SID'ing the whole quilt first or do you quilt row by row? I'm trying to wrap my brain around how the very talented, gifted quilters tackle their quilts. If you wouldn't mind sharing?

So beautiful, Kay. You are very talented and artistic! Those squares look like they pushed the limits of your throat space ... what a pain to SID, I would think, with all the roll, roll, rolling back and forth! Do you tend to stabilize by SID'ing the whole quilt first or do you quilt row by row? I'm trying to wrap my brain around how the very talented, gifted quilters tackle their quilts. If you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments everyone.....

I do stabilise the whole quilt first doing any stitch in the ditch that I think is necessary.....it just takes a little rolling but then you are free to move on and do the fun stuff, I don't find it a chore at all just the first steps to setting up a quilt and that is only my way....others may do it differently

Archived