Our computer friends

I've had a very close email friend for over 18 years and although we never met in person we were buddies. We met on an embroidery group.  We had so many things in common. She was an RN. She was very talented in quilting and embroidering. She loved to travel. She was funny. We talked almost daily. We exchanged thoughts, quilt patterns, embroidery designs, encouragement, everything you could think of. We had both been going through some medical issues this past year. We always cheered up each other. Occasionally we would both get busy with our lives and a short amount of time would pass then one of us would call or write to make sure the other one was ok. The past few days she has really been on my mind so today I called to check on her and her daughter-in-law gave me the bad news. She was more than just my friend and I'm going to miss her very much.

post-4696-0-21752000-1370295632_thumb.jpg

I'm so sorry that your friend is gone. It's amazing when we connect with someone and find so much in common. They say "separated at birth" to joke about finding a "twin" in the world--but, joyfully, it happens.

Sending you a hug, Oma.

My dear Oma,  my heart is so sad for your loss.  I know what it is to get the phone call that a loved one is gone.  Last summer my fiance was on a river trip and the sheriff called to tell me he passed away on the river.  I was going to meet him the next day, so how could this be?  It will be a year in July and the pain and missing is still ever present, but knowing there are friends out there we have never met care and send love and hugs helps a lot.  So to you Dear Heart is a GIGANTIC HUG, from Central Oregon.  

Kat

Oma, I ache for you, loving a friend who dies is not easy,  they seem to be a family member.

Huge Hugs from me and Himself..

Put your arms around yourself and give you a hug from me, when you face difficulty's.

God Bless,

Rita

Oma I am so sorry for your loss ,we recently traveled long distance for a funeral ,we made stops afterwards just to say hello to my friend of forty years who has had multiple strokes but we still had that open connetion and she remembers all our good times ,it was such a joy to hug and kiss her after all the family had told me she is not the same person but she really is the same person inside and then we made our next stop at my hubbys friends house for two nights ,he had not seen him in over thirty years ,we did all this in less than a week ,over 4,000 miles and it was all not planned ,I just feel so blessed just to have stopped in to say hello .

I'm sorry to hear about your news.  One of my closest teacher friends has been battling ovarian cancer for five years.  She's struggling now and I'm going over to deliver a birthday gift tomorrow.  I've been praying all day that I can be strong for her.  Losing someone is never easy.

Archived