My DH transitioned into the heavenly kingdom.

I wish I had some magic words to help you through this...but there isn't any.  We each have to find our own way back to what will be the "new normal". I can tell you the ladies on this forum are always ready with support and prayers...it's a safe place to share your feelings and fears.

When my husband died (Feb 16th) I felt that I had to be strong for the kids but I could come here and dump my sorrows. I hope you find the forum as comforting as I do.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Lilly,

So sorry to hear about your husband, Joe. Forty-five years, how wonderful for you both. I'm so glad to hear he will be waiting for you. We grieve because we miss them, but have a joy knowing we will be together again with our Lord. Prayers being said for you and your family.

Sandy

Oh Lillie!  My heart aches for you.   Prayers and peace for you and all concerned, that healing from grief be easy and complete.

Only our Father God, and Lord Jesus can be the total comfort.  May you have it all and from friends and kin.

God Bless and  ((((((((((((((((HugZ)))))))))))))))))))))

PS

As one who has COPD, and I am sitting in the hospital now,  I dread what I will be leaving the family with some day. I can only deeply regret it at this point.

Smoking and work related health problems can wreak havoc.     Stop smoking  ( You CAN do it, I did after 50 years and was on 3 pack a day.  Quit overnight.

Rita

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and expressions of sympathy. I did continue working on my yellow brick road quilt for Joe, and it is finished. I did change the name of the quilt to St. Joe's Quilt of Many Colors. 

I have attached pictures.  I just wish I had used a different color for my quilting.  It's another quilting sampler, but because it doesn't show up very well, I could have just SID the whole thing and saved many hours of quilting.  Oh, well, George and I did get a workout on this project.  I am glad it is complete.  I hope you all enjoy the pictures any way.

Thanks for looking.

Lillie

post-17294-0-48049200-1380509132_thumb.jpg

post-17294-0-70205500-1380509191_thumb.jpg

post-17294-0-74303100-1380509228_thumb.jpg

post-17294-0-90847900-1380509268_thumb.jpg

Hi Rita,

I am still doing well.  I was excited that Joe's Quilt of many Colors brought $1000 in the auction for our church.  A friend of my daughter's bought the quilt.  He said that my husband and his dad (who had also passed away) had worked together or something and that he wanted to do something for us.  There was a lot of support for the items that we donated in the silent auction.  It was impressive. 

At our Saturday evening mass, my husband was also honored by the Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus.  Joe had been a member, and as his widow, I was given a chalice to present to our priest.  Fr. Maurice, of the Basilian order, is being transferred back to Canada to return to teaching.  Our parish was the first that he had served as the parish priest.  This was his last weekend as our pastor.  During Joe's stay in the hospital, he came by  to see and pray with him.  He was amazing and quite a support for my family and me.  When I learned that I would receive the chalice to present to someone, I asked that it be ready before Fr. Maurice left because I wanted to give it to him.  Any time Father uses this chalice at mass, Joe will be remembered at the mass as well.  Joe always wanted to go to Alaska, so I asked Fr. Maurice because he would be closer, to take the chalice to Alaska, and say a mass there so that Joe would finally get a chance to be in Alaska.  When Joe was a teenager, he and a buddy were leaving to go to Alaska to work, but my father-in-law who was a police captain in the Odessa, Texas, stopped him and asked him to stay home instead and not run away. 

I hope all of this was not against the forum rules, but I did want to share my happiness about all that occurred this weekend.

Thanks,

Lillie

Archived