I am a brand new Grandma

Congratulations, what wonderful work you did years ago up to now to have such a great little guy in your family.  I am assuming that with the name Ollie, his birth cert. claims Oliver, my youngest gramsom is a one year old Oliver, and I am waiting for my daughter to deliver my newest granddaughter.  It is a great life.

Congratulations! The best part about being a grandma is it gets better and better! Well, guess I shouldn't say that; mine are a bit away from the teenage years, LOL...........Oldest is 8 and youngest less than a year; there are 9 of them so far!

Awwww, Jess, he is just beautiful!  You look so happy!  Congrats!  What is so amazing about grandkids is that they are so cute and precious as babies, and so fun,  and then they grow and you can have meaningful conversations with them, share things, go shopping, teach them to sew, go to their games, it never stops being fun!!  My 7 year old granddaughter came over the other day and we went into my sewing room and "talked shop."  She gets out some fabric, folds and unfolds it, plays store, cuts it, and talks to me about the texture and what she is creating. Do you think I enjoy this?  Yes!!  My 15 yr old granddaughter talks to me about the boys at school, who she likes, homecoming, basketball, crafting, and keeps me up on the dating scene. Oh, and her hair.  My 11 yr old grandson tells me about his dirt biking and 4 wheeling adventures and how he and his uncle (my youngest son) scale the tall sand dunes on their 4 wheelers. He also tells me about he and his friends pranking each other and searching for ghosts. My other granddaughter is more of a fashionista, she is into style, volley ball, boys. And her hair!   You now have a whole new world opened up to you.  Nobody can replace grandma and grandpa. The memories you will make with that precious boy will mold him and make him a happy loving person. When you go to his games and cheer, you show him about fun, love, caring, team spirit, fair play, etc. He will never forget the things you do for him and with him. You are going to be an invaluable person in his life!  Sorry if I sound a little corny, but this is how I feel about grandkids!!  Enjoy!

Archived