A huge thank you!

I've been needing to write this note for some time. I was downstairs quilting and thinking of all the things that I've learned from so many people on this forum. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have my "itty bitty" ruler that I'm using to stitch around a DWR. I wouldn't have known that the arcs on the DWR needed some stitching because they are going to be floating otherwise. My customer appliqued them on, so they are even more floaty. I don't advance a quilt and tug on the batting without thinking of Shana when she said that's what she did.

Without this forum I wouldn't have wonderful friends all over the world to share ideas and prayers with, to laugh and cry with.

So, group hug everyone! Thanks!

Beth, I know what you're talking about. I feel that way too. This forum challenges me in many ways. I want to try everything I read about--5 minute cake, quilted sweatshirts, and some day feathers. I challenge myself by looking at the quilts people need help with and plan as if I was doing the quilting. That's PPP. And the rewards come in many ways--like the help I received for the quilt I'm working on right now. I had a brain freeze and Doodlebug made a suggestion that worked for me.

I, too, thank the whole group. (((((((((HUG)))))))))))))):D

Count me in too. I come here every day several times to laugh to cry (sometimes) and to just plain marvel at the wonderful quilts you guys do. I dream that someday I'll be as good as you guys are. It also gives me hope to know that some people have been doing this for years and that if I practice (which I don't do nearly enough) that in time I'll get there too.

So thank you everybody.

Coleen

Just today, I told a friend who was visiting, when she asked: "How did you learn so much so quick?"

And I told her I watched DVDs, but mostly I had a group of friends all over the world that I can learn from. That we share our mistakes and successes and answer each others questions and solve each others problems.

I'd hate to think just how lonely my longarm business and life, for that matter, would be without all of you.

Thank you for being there.

Oh gosh, you all have no idea how grateful I am to have this network of warm, wonderful quilters who share so much wealth of knowledge. I would not have the confidence or be where I am now without you. I mean this sincerely. And, Beth, I often think of your stories about "My girl and I were not getting along" and I get a smile and giggle. You are so funny. lol. Sometimes I, too, have those "arguments" with my machine but 99% of the time it's because I was a dork and did something stupid with it. Fortunately "my girl" has been very forgiving of me... (so far...she has.... lol)

Oh ladies & gentlemen, where do I start. When DH was first diagnosed, you all began what is now 1 1/2 yrs of support for me totally unrelated to quilting, but so important to my mental health (I think I still have some mental health that is). Getting my quilting questions answered is one thing and I'm very appreciative of it, but knowing that there are so many out there that are standing with me through this illness is a totally other thing. THANK YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE. I love you all.

I'm fairly new to the site but have to agree with everything that has been said. This site is so full of warmth and support for everyone! Sharing seems to be the key whether it be tears, laughter, help with our babies, or just NQR fun. It is like a great big family that we can all return to as often as we want and know that we will be happier for out visit.

(((((((big hugs))))))) to everyone along with even bigger thank yous!!!

I'm with all of you. I never really had any close friends because in the militiary either you move or your friends move away. This forum keeps us all glued together, I love the fact that we can discuss all issues not just quilting and support each other through whatever is handed to us. The quilting information is invaluable and everything is right on the spot. My wallet isn't as full as it should be, " I have to have all the gadgets when recommended" (lol), I guess this is one addiction that's ok. Last but not least, you all keep me entertained when I'm feeling down or just sitting at my desk at work. Hugs and millions of thanks.

I've lurked around here for a long time and have chatted a bit. This a great resource for us LA'rs.

Meeting some of you forum folks at our Moxie NW meetings is inspiring, fun, and very helpful. Making friends outside of the usual (like work) opens us up to people we would never get to know otherwise. Thanks for all the ideas, suggestions and shared knowledge. That really helps me to keep going.

At the last meeting I met Shana's cute cute cute sister and she shared some of Shana's talent with us. Patty Jo was a fantastic hostess. The myriad of shared accomplishments is always inspiring.

BrendaLee, I want your Cowabunga pattern. I put my address on your list when I saw it on your chair at Patty Jo's.

Bonnie of Dundee: I haven't met you yet but we are neighbors. I live in Newberg. How about we get together sometime soon and share ideas etc.

Thanks everyone, Bonnie (aka Bonbon)

Oh I so agree with all of you! This is the best forum and I love that we can all share and help when needed, even if it is just to say a special prayer. I too have learned so much and am so thankful for my cyber friends! I know that if I get stuck I can come here for help or if I'm just feeling blue I an pop in and find something that will make me laugh! Thanks to all of you.

Ditto! I'm finding that the first thing I do when I get home is check this site. Whether it be for more great LA info or for friendly chats. My only problem with this forum is that it is kind of addictive...like quilting! But, it is a lot easier on the pocketbook than ebay. Every time I go on there I end up with another Featherweight!

Take care guys and thanks!

Robin

I love this site, too. I usually check it first thing in the morning and again in the evening. Once in a while, I get a quick peak during work hours, too. :P

I've met a number of people from this site, and talked to others on the phone. Still others I e-mail back and forth with.

I appreciate the quilting guidance I receive from you, and the support.

I feel very connected to all of you, and hope to meet lots more of you in person over the years.

(((HUGS)))

Sandy

I so agree with all of you, it's wonderful to be able to share with all of you. I do not feel that my talent is up to snuff. But have learned so much from this forum and the goodies and DVD's recomended that it is getting better. We all seem to be sister's at heart. My passion has always been sewing and quilting from an early age (old now) and you have given me the boost to improve even with Arthritis, Lupus and a dim wit. I am the one who sprayed the glue instead of WD 40 into my bobbin case. I cry with you, am concerned with you, and try to solve problems with you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))).

Ginny Snowden

Okay, you twisted my arm...I will give my two cents. I love you all. As with Patty Jo, you all came together when Jen when going through a terrible pregancy. You all became the sisters I had lost. Calling me to check on Jen when I was not on the forum. Emailing and doing whatever you could to find out how each day was going. Then there was the quilt. I was blown away and so were Jen and Charles. You would not believe how many people Charles shows that quilt to. He is so proud of that! You all just don't know what that meant to us. There were others who went above and beyond to help Jen and Charles even more, and for that I am totally grateful!! I hope to pay it forward someday.

Yep, you all are the best! And then there is the quilting help ;) I would not be able to do what I do without you all!! Thank you, thank you!!!

Have to add my bit too!! I have said many times how thankfull I am for this place!! I have learned SO much!!! And this is one of the reasons I decided that I could actually DO longarming!! I am always telling customers and others what I have learned on this site!! I think they probably think I'm kind of looney cause I'm always talking about this site and what is going on on it!! :D It is so encouraging and fun to put up the pictures of what we have just done!!! It is fun to show others what we have been working on and even if it's not the best in the world we all are encouraged by each other!!!! I do love this place!!! thanks everyone!!!! linda

I started lurking here before I got my Lenni and you all just pulled me in with your friendly support. Although I've only met one of you in person (smile Renae) I feel like I know several of you because you are so open and generous with your ideas (quilting and otherwise). You are a wonderful group and I just love being a teeny part of it. God bless you all.

I have been comming here for 3 years now and have never found a place quite like it. The warmth, the love, the sisterhood (no offense to the guys that post here but the gals seem to be more open with their feelings thus creating the sisterhood atmosphere) that stretches state to state, country to country.

We cry together, we laugh together, we pray for each other and we cheer each other on. doesn't get any better! :cool:

Ditto on what almost everyone else said, but a few comments of my own. I have quit or severely cut back on most of my other lists for various reasons, but mainly because I discovered that I would rather quilt that sit on the computer. However, this list continues to give me tons to think about and practice. You have come through for me several times, when I have had a mental block or just needed ideas. I have gotten so many pointers that have advanced my level faster than I know I would have gone without you all.

Thanks everyone and now that we have all heard how good we are, can we follow our own act!!!! :P

I too have to add my thanksgiving to you all. I hung out here for several months before taking the plunge and I would not have survived all the uphill battles with my girl if it were not for you all. I do not always have time to sign in but I try to check on at least one or two posts when my days are harried just to keep up with the talent and lives of my "family". I never had a sister and always wanted one and now I have a whole nation and world of sisters that accept me as I am.

I get so much inspiration from the wonderful talent that is displayed here and hope that some day I may be half as good. And what wonderful teachers we have that share their talent and help in making us all better at what we love to do.

I called Beth and Linda A in a panic on a Saturday and guess what, no surprise, they both answered me back within a few minutes. Now where else can you get customer service like that, but it was more than that, it was the genuine care that I was having a bad day with my girl. It calmed me down and let me breath again.

So thank you for sharing talent and lives. It is the sharing of our lives that keeps this place so special.

This is my morning java. Each and every morning, at any interval of my day when/where I need a break, I log in. I think we are all like a magnet, pulled toward each other, this site, the help...the list goes on and on.

We are by far, the best of the best quilting forum on the internet, thru phone lines, letters, white elephants, etc.

And what's neat about it....this mountain of info, friends, stories...just keeps growing and growing.

There is NO predjudice anything here...and i'm NOT ONLY talking nationality, age etc, I'm talking QUILTING. APQS, Gammil, Prodigy, HQ 16, Nolting, Domestic Sewing Machine, etc.

My vote:

APQS Chat Forum is #1!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto

Don't think there is anything else I can say other than agree with everyone. #1 Quilting Chat Forom and #1 Quilters. I for one have never met a quilter that I didn't like, and that includes ones I meet online as well as in person. The Greatest gift of all is Love, and that is what quilters in general are so good at. Jeanne

Archived