What was I thinking!

I haven't posted pictures in quite some time but this one was a real challenge (and it took forever), so I thought I would share. I wasn't at all sure how to quilt this and it came up in line right after taking Karen's Victorian feathers class, so I figured why not try it?? WRONG :P

There were some issues with the center medallion being larger than the borders so this took lots and lots of steam to tame it. There are still areas that don't lay so flat, but the customer loved it and that is all that matters!

This is the Bella Bella Venice rose pattern.

post--13461901436422_thumb.jpg

Patti, Bella turned out stunning. The many, many hours you put into that paid off. Do you think she'll be putting this quilt into a show?

Missed you last week at the long-arm group. Not sure if I'll be at the next one. I might be going to the GCQA meeting in Birmingham.

What a fantastic job, Patty. Thanks for sharing. I just returned home from a 5 day quilting seminar in Texas. One of the teachers there was Nora McKeeking (the designer of Bella Bella Quilts) and the pattern from which this quilt is made. I saw her work in person and not a single one of Nora's own quilts was quilted nearly as beautifully as this one. Congratulations! Nancy in Tucson

Archived