Work in Progress

I still have this one on the machine but wanted to show some photos. I asked for ideas on this quilt a couple weeks a go. It is a big one, 97 x 109.

It is a log cabin with stars and the customer used the Mountains setting. I quilted diagonal lines in the dark part of the blocks which represent the mountains and put a feather swag in the light part of hte blocks. I used So FIne pink in the bobbin and So Fine Garnet, Signature Pink Chiffon and Bottom Line Olive green on top. Lots of thread changes on top.

She pencilled in a scalloped borders of varying sizes (10", 11.5" and 12.25"). I have no idea why they are not a uniform size. I wanted to do swags to match the scallops so that a bit of a challenge to match the swags to the scallops. I used an oval ruler that I had to scoot along.

I quilted roses above the swags and feathers in the red border. She bought me Warm's Soft and Brite. With that many thread changes, I go pokies only on the red side border. It may pull back in after I get it off the machine. I just wish that she would let me pick the batting. She's going to spend $$ for custom then cheaps out on the batt.

I have more photos on my blog.

post--13461901436869_thumb.jpg

Talk about eye candy----Shana is right when she says "Sweet".

Linda, your quilting has so improved since I started watching you three years ago. I'm proud of you. This quilt is exquisite--I love each little motif you have used. And you did it so well.

You have dreamed "big" dreams and they are coming true! Good for you!:D

Archived