I've got a quilt in PRINT!

Silent Movie Star (part 1) is in September's UK Popular Patchwork Magazine! It is on p.40 and looks really professional. I wrote pages of idiot proof instructions (because I'm an idiot where instructions are concerned).They had to edit it a bit but they have tested it out to check that it works. It has photos and EVERYTHING!! It is so exciting.

The whole mag has a newish editorial team who have given it a makeover. It is packed with projects. The other UK mags seem to be a bit stuck in a rut at the mo. I think it is really good and I'm not just saying that 'cos my quilt is in it!

The mag will be on sale at FOQ.

Ah yes, Congratulations to our newest Rising Star!!!! Linzi you are just awesome and you deserve the recognition and the "quilting rock star" status you are achieving!!!!

Super Congrats!!! We're all soooooooo proud of you! Now, how can we get a copy here in the USofA?

Wow, I'm swooning to know rockstars like you guys! :D

How exciting for you all.

Remember us little people when you rise to the top, OK?

Linzi, I just checked out Popular Patchwork, and your website/blog/gallery. That quilt is quite impressive. As is the magazine. I'm checking locally to see if it is available for purchase here. The subscription is $90 for us, postage is formidable! Thank you for letting us know, and a hearty Congratulations to you!

Do you want to share your recipe for plum jam?

Well...aren't you the pretty one....HUGE congrats from me as well..... But I have a question. Are you still going to talk to us now that you have reached "RockStar" status? ;);) Totally just kidding, I am so happy for you and wish you many more mag's in the future. But am sad that there won't be a way for us to see it. I can get the Aussie Patchwork mag, but have never seen a UK one.

I will invsetigate to see if the mag will let me have some copies and I could send them over. Someone already called my LQS to see if they did kits! They don't actually still have all of the original fabric but they can match it pretty well. I hope people don't buy all of "my" gold lame:o

Don't worry - I'm still human!! (not a rockstar)

I'll put plum jam and other produce recipes (to avoid doing monster quilts) on my blog...

Originally posted by sewlinzi

Thanks!! Rockstar status... you are KIDDING:P

Hey, I had a dream last night (not sure why) but it had the guys from rock group Bad Company and Mark Knopfler (from Dire Straits) and they stopped by my house in their limo to pick up DH and me to take us to their rock concert and they took off without me because I made them late (for their concert) because I couldn't figure out what to wear! :P

So, perhaps Linzi will be in my next rock star dream! :cool: Hey Linzi, please don't leave without me, OK babe??

Congratulations! I love that quilt, btw...

Archived