NQR - I resigned today

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too send you congrates....I have been W2 free for just over 10 years....the first few weeks will seem like a vacation, and then you will get a bit panicy...so IF that happens run here and we will set you straight again. Its all up from here...no more schedules, no more professional work clothes, and no more heals (that was a ME thing, I had to wear professional suits and HIGH heals...)

Oh, but I have to let you into a little secret....I don't have any more time now than I did before I quit to quilt for me.....:P:P, I still struggle with me time....

"Oh, but I have to let you into a little secret....I don't have any more time now than I did before I quit to quilt for me....., I still struggle with me time.... " I ditto what Bonnie said! I started teaching school in 1973 and retired in 2003 with 30 years in the system. I was only 50 years old. Money was less so I figured time would be more - well, not so much. I pack every minute into every day. Don't know how I ever worked. Good luck and you really will like sleeping later. Also, no more stinkin' meetings!!!!!!!!! Quilt your heart out!

Congrats on the retirement. I retired two and a half years ago and I sure don't miss the commute, the professional looking clothes, the meetings, etc. I am sure that you will find a lot to keep you busy. I'm like Bonnie, I don't do a very good job on the time management part but I keep telling myself that I don't have to do so. I do enjoy my me time and hope that you will too.

Pamela

Originally posted by ramona-quilter

On Sep 5th, I will work for me.

GOOD FOR YOU

Hey, now that you are going to be your own boss, make sure that you give yourself liberty to sleep in every once in a while and hey, take extra long lunch hours, and you can even give yourself the day off, too (with pay, of course) Especially take your birthday off and do something extra fun.

Archived