NQR - I resigned today

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramona,

Good for you!!!!!!! My job was eliminated after 20 years of service when I was 63. The ski area did me a huge favor, they gave me severance pay and I bought my Lenni to quilt my own and donation quilts. They said I could apply for a diff. job and I just picked up my file and said Asta and never looked back. Just enjoying my life now and quilting, quilting.

mountainquilter:D

Congratulations! I know you will have more fun now! No more 2 hour commute...that is awesome. I know how hard that kind of commute is. When we lived north of SF, my husband had a 1 1/2 to 2 hour commute each way to the city, good grief was that an energy drain!

Linda,

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. :D:P You will love being YOUR OWN Boss and not having to get up so early. In fact, sometimes I spend the good part of the day in my jammies in my sewing room. YOU CAN DO THAT and no one will say anthing about it. Have fun and enjoy yourself. A warning though --- you will acquire more lines in your face --they are caused by all the smiling you will be doing. We expect to see a lot more quilts too. :D

Linda, You have been one of my favorite quilters on this forum for a loooooonnnngg time, well, maybe not THAT long. Maybe now that you will have more time, you can join the budding group of "doodle artists" and help us with our quilt challenges. I know you do contribute often, but NOW, you'll get to do MORE, right?

I have a couple of beauties coming up that I'm going to need help on. AND, (gasp, I can't believe I'm going to say this) I want to do them "freehand". Stay close and watch for my panic post.

Congratulations on your retirement, and take care of yourself! We need you!:)

you'll love it...and wonder why you still don't have time... isn't it sad when you can't wait to get older (in order to retire)? i have a few more months before i can finally collect ss... but i quit my job about 4 years ago and I LOVE IT... i've worked part-time and seasonal here and there... but i try not to...congratulations!! enjoy...

Archived