NQR - I resigned today

Every time I find myself wishing I could just retire I have to remind myself I dont want to wish away 8 to 10 years or be that much older just to retire, Now if I could win the lottery or something and retire before retirement age that would be another thing. To just stay home and quilt would be heaven at least for awhile, but at last I am very grateful to have a good job and the ability to work so I wont complain just quilt as much as I can and be blessed to have my Lenni and this forum!!!

Have fun Linda!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ohhh, that first morning when you wake up it's heaven. and knowing you can do what you want, when you want, any way you want is soooo wonderful.

It's been two years since I resigned and I count my blessings every day. Wouldn't change it at all. And even though I now watch what i spend and need to be more budget minded - it's well worth it.

Enjoy your new adventures!!!

Kathryn A.

How exciting for you. I love being retired. The thing that surprised me the most was, after a lifetime of working, how short a time it was before I woke up in the morning and didn't even think about work or the fact that I didn't have to go to work. I was shocked.

A 2-hour commute would take all the fun out of the most wonderful job. You'll be richer just in gasoline savings!

Enjoy, enjoy!

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Every time I find myself wishing I could just retire I have to remind myself I dont want to wish away 8 to 10 years or be that much older just to retire, Now if I could win the lottery or something and retire before retirement age that would be another thing. To just stay home and quilt would be heaven at least for awhile, but at last I am very grateful to have a good job and the ability to work so I wont complain just quilt as much as I can and be blessed to have my Lenni and this forum!!!

Have fun Linda!!

Ditto Jeanne. I just had four days off and it does make it hard to go back to work. As I explain to my friends, I am not bored at work, I am bored WITH working. I hate the office BS. When they do employee development plans and asked me what my goals are, it is all I can do not to tell them RETIRE. :D

Ten and a half years and counting. Of course, this is unless I win the lottery.

Gail

Yes, dont rule out winning the lottery, someone has to win, why not us right? I really love my job, I just hate getting going in the morning would rather stay in and not have to deal with rush hour traffic etc.

Linda, I envy you being at the end of all that commuting stuff, it must have been very hard doing all that driving every morning and every evening.

Have fun and enjoy your new found freedom!!

Archived