tweed polyester quilt - there is a story behind this one

Long story short:

2 lifelong male friends. 1 dies about 6 years ago and the other is still missing him. I was given all of the quilt tops that the one's mother had made. The other friend is now on dialysis and travels 190 miles one way 3 times a week for treatments. I dug this tweed top out and added cotton batting and fleece backing and voila...a quilt to provide comfort in many ways!

I used SoFine in top and bobbin and had no tension issues. Had to raise my hopping foot, but all went well, once I learned how to do it.

Patricia Ritter's Fossill design. I think this is going to be a favorite of mine!

Now to bind it and give it away...my favorite part of quilting. I love to see the looks on people's faces when they receive a quilt they weren't expecting. ;)

post--13461902580677_thumb.jpg

Kristina! That's such a wonderful panto! and the quilt is really nice and masculine! Years ago we all received quilts from our grandmother. Mine was for my wedding, and I guess some of the other siblings got theirs then too.

My brother Pat received a beautifully hand pieced, hand quilted polyester quilt. OMG it was the ugliest quilt I've ever seen.... (sorry Grandma - up in heaven) I can't even begin to tell you how awful the fabrics were - but if you were alive in the '70's, YOU JUST KNOW!

I purchased this design board from Urbanelementz. Patricia Ritter converted her design into something that could be cut by Ron at RnS Designs. I really liked it.

Speaking of polyester quilts...I have one more top..much larger than this..made by the same lady, that I am going to freehand meander allover and keep for me. It is really ugly...but will make a great picnic quilt. It will wear forever!! :)

Archived