Spirograph Design

Quilting Heidi

Hi all,

I wanted to post a special note under the Quiltazoid section so that you all could easily find some design ideas. I used my quiltazoid to do the piano key border, circles and motifs. the design motifs were stitched and then embellished with feathered blooms. I love my spirograph! all the designs stitched out exactly the same and it was so much fun!!!!

border

2071752440104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

post--13461903921746_thumb.jpg

how clever. i never would have figured out that you used the spiro for that cuz of all the embellishing but that is why it came out so symmetrical....& i do reallu like the curved ch - glad i got that template.

and tell me, what do you use for piano keys? is it the cross hatch template? never thought of that...maybe i should read the directions, huh?

i have been using a ruler and i hate it! not to mention i have hit the darn ruler with the needle twice - hasnt broken anything..YET.

Beautiful !!!!

I can't wait to get one. Social Security checks start coming in June...........maybe I know what MINE will be used for ???? DH said we would just drive up to Ellsworth one of these days and have a look and get one ! Wheeeeee.

Sounds like this new Bliss upgrade could be a headache for QZ, and others to manufacture products to work with it. I don't plan to get Bliss, so hope QZ will still make models for the "non-upgraded" machines. My machine works so smooth now that if it moved any easier I think I would throw it right off the rails ! haha I LOVE the channel locks! :D

Heidi, thank you so much for sharing how you used your QZ in your designing of this quilt. It's so inspiring for me and I love all the ideas you share with us. Have you ever thought of putting on a class using the QZ? I don't know if we could do that here, but it would be such a bonus for so many of us. Something to think about? Quilt on! :cool:

Thanks everybody! That design actually stitches out so quickly and is so perfect. Just love it. Yes I did the border using the crosshatching board! I'd be lost without that thing and I love that I don't have to use rulers!!!! Easy peasy as our Shana would say.

Linda - the Intertwining feathers were done freehand. Rennae Haddidin teaches how to do it on her DVD and using her amazing rays to separate out the sections. I just love doing them!!!!

Oh! Heidi, It is above the top. I'm at a loss for words if anyone can believe that! lol

Congrats and relax before you start the next one.

I finally got the internet problems taken care of.. so nice to not be dropped or unable to access time after time.

Have a great time and safe travels home.

Ritar

Thanks Rita. I'm home and am just having a relaxing night. I toyed with the idea of going down and loading a quilt but I think I'll just take the time off! I still have to finish unpacking but I'm tired. Charlotte and I finished up our trip with my SIL & BIL and had the best night and morning. Now back to work!:(

• 10 months later...

Heidi - your design is gorgeous. I have a question. You've mentioned using the QZ crosshatch template. I see the rectangular crosshatch template on the QZ website. I'm wondering how the stitching path works, when you are crosshatching an odd-shaped section -- do you remove the stylus from the template to piggyback over to the next section? I am expecting the standard QZ to arrive this week -- yeah! But am looking ahead to perhaps the spirograph and crosshatch template. Thanks!

Archived