Cleaned up at the County Fair

Okay, so my winning quilt doesn't hold a candle to that "professional lady's";):P on this list, but it won 1st in the machine quilting category at our little podunk fair. I admit, I was so excited to see that ribbon!!! 2d and 3d were two quilts I'd quilted, too. Then I started looking around more and found that 1st and 2d in the group category were ones I'd quilted along with a 1st in table toppers. I have no idea how they come up with the categories, but I was feeling very smug!! Then I remembered it was just our little county fair.....

You can see my first place quilt on my latest blog post.

That's awesome Dory!

Winning a ribbon is a thrill no matter what!

I remember way back when, what Karen McTavish had to say about the thrill of winning, she wanted to pin her ribbons in her hair for all the world to see & wanted them proudly displayed in her cold dead hands when she died, I'll never forget that, because that's what it feels like! LOL ;):D:cool::P

When I went to the our podunk county fair yesterday I saw my daughter's duck baby quilt (baby due any day) got a champion ribbon in the professional catagory. Then I started counting the quilts that were there that I had quilted. There were 5 of them! None received less than a champion ribbon and one received the Grand Champion. I was so tickled for my ladies!!

County fairs are important. We need to enter and support them. I know my work into up to some others, but it was so wonderful to see so many quilts that I had quilted that were entered! This is the first year for me to have customers entering quilts I have quilted. And for a couple of them, it was their first time entering, including the Grand Champion.

I was superintendent of the needlework division for about 8 years, had to give it up about 10 years ago due to time and my kids. Keep entering folks! And enjoy those ribbons! You have earned them and earned the right to brag!!

Archived