starry quilt

meg

regal template all over - beadboard for the piano keys.

i made this top a while back - its BIG - fits my king bed and you can tuck in the pillows!

i used this quilt to decide if knotting and burying threads is worth it. since i'm just a novice with no hopes to become a pro - i think for me - its not worht it. i just hate spending all that time and the look isnt so bad when you backtrack. i used rainbows and sofine - this is my easiest combo for tension and its also slippery - so we'll see how the backtracking to secure the stitches holds up.

thanks for looking.

post--13461904761416_thumb.jpg

awww shucks. thanks for all the nice comments. you guys really know how to make a girl feel successful. :)

@ Judi - the weather here in central new york cant be beat in late spring, summer and early fall. the winters, however, require a tolerance of copious amounts of snow! when i feel like looking at the bright side of things, i say that i'd rather have tons of clean snow than a little dirty gray snow.

@ Debbie - yes - all batiks. i used up a bunch of scraps - i think there are more than 60 different fabrics in this quilt. i call this quilt the 'colors of menopause' cause it is one hot mess. ;)

@ Karen - the QZ and CL are 2 tools that do about the same thing - they just go about them in slightly different ways. when i got it - i chose the QZ cause i like to work from the front of the machine. you can research and make your choice according to your preferences. but i will tell you - i LOVE my QZ. it gives me confidence to quilt things i have spent some time peicing. please feel free to ride up here and take my QZ for a spin. i'd be more than happy to fix you some lunch & show you around the QZ. :cool:

@ LeeAnn - i will try and get a close up of the quilting & post it later today.

Archived