Rose quilt - now a ribbon winner!

Have you ever had one of those customer quilts that you just don't want to give back? I just got done with one and boy did I want to keep it. It was a lot of fun to quilt and oh so pretty. I came up with this design and was able to pretty much stitch it continuously. The feathered heart design was done freehand for the most part but I did create a stencil for the spine just to keep it consistent. I used my Quiltazoid to do the circle around the rose motifs, stippled the inside and outlined the flower to create the most texture. I used Metro thread and it just added such a pretty shimmer. My customer picked it up tonight and was thrilled with it. She will be entering it in a local show next weekend. I think she will end up with a happy surprise with it. I don't have any full pictures but I'll try to get that next weekend when it is bound and hanging. Here are some detail shots. If you click on the pictures it will take you to webshots and you can view bigger pictures.

2586105060104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Feathered hearts:

2855483150104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

Alternating blocks:

2972199320104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

One of the rose blocks:

2943326630104527059S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobbi,

Yes it is. I just love, love, love this quilt! If you ever want my stitch sequence let me know. I did do it continuous except for the feathered wreaths. It was a lot of fun to quilt and I so did not want to give it back . It would look perfect in Maddie's room. She ended up adding 2 rows to it because it wasn't long enough for a twin daybed. She had all sorts of problems because she used a new ruler to cut the strips and it was less than consistant and because this was 1" grid it really showed. She did manage to get it square though. If you look closely at it you can notice that all the points don't match but I told her I could detract the eye with the quilting and it really did. She couldn't do the prarie points because she used her extra fabric for the extra blocks. She is going to put a dark pink binding on it and I think that will really set it off. I didn't realize that it was the same quilt pattern until I saw your post on FB to day! LOL too funny.

Archived