New Body Please!!

Just thought I'd drop in and say how much I've missed this group. I haven't been on the website in a very long time. What with numb hands, exhaustion and achy knees, my world seemed to slowly close in on me starting last year!

First I began to lose feeling in my right hand except for the tingly/antsy feeling. It was so bad that I couldn't use my longarm! Turns out that I had severe carpel tunnel and surgery in November of '09 solved that. Then I was always feeling exhausted. I couldn't stay awake more than a few hours a day. After several tests and a meeting with a ear, nose & throat surgeon, we found out that I had an overactive parathyroid. (This is a gland on the thyroid gland that regulates the amount of calcium in the body.) I was losing lots of calcium and this caused the exhaustion. Surgery in June solved that problem.

Wow, I thought, I'm feeling great now so I'll go with the DH on a month long motorcycle trip! LOL Little did I know what life had is store for me. Three days out on the trip in July, my left knee suddenly became so painful that I couldn't walk without pain pills and a cane. Talk about totally spoil a trip! So we cut the vacation short and came limping home. I went to my Dr. that was already treating my right knee for osteoarthritis with cortisone shots. He tried an injection in the left knee but it didn't help one bit. So...I elected to have left knee replacement surgery at the end of September. As of today, I'm doing really well. I'm back to walking, sewing, quilting and enjoying life again. Thank the Good Lord and modern medicine!! Needless to say that getting back into the swing of thing has cleared the depression too. But wait...one more surgery on the right knee in December! LOL THEN, maybe, I'll be OK again for a while! Whew!

Now I have to practically relearn to use my longarm again (Agnes)! I go into the quilting room and talk to her every once in a while. I keep assuring Agnes that I haven't forsaken her and will be back up to par soon. I had just received my new Circlelord when all of this started so I haven't even had the chance to play with it! Lucklily, I hadn't started taking in customer quilts yet either!

So that's it. Hopefully I'm back and will be checking up on all of you again. See you on the forum!

It is so good to see your face again. Sure sad though to hear all you have been through.. but delighted that you sailed, with a bit of extra tac, right back to us.. Stay around, and if anything else happens... please let us know so we can pray for you. It really helps..

Archived