NQR: posting for Kenna

Hi, I'm Susie, Kenna's middle sister. (I'm the one who doesn't quilt---yet), posting for her tonight. She asked me to post for her as she is in the hospital with a massive diverticulitis infection. One of them ruptured so there is infection inside and out (and I never dreamed that I'd be posting about my sister's colon online). She's been in a week today and will probably be in there another partial week. She's on morphine and phenergen (every 3 hours) and is loopy as all get out. If she could actually carry on a conversation, this could be fun. I need to record it and use it for blackmail purposes. She's on antibiotics also and they are not seeing a need for surgery at the moment.

It began the day after the quilt show and she worked until it was bad enough that she went to the doctor & they sent her to the hospital. We'd appreciate your prayers. You can call her if you like, but don't text as apparently the letters are shrinking as she reads them. And if she makes no sense on the phone, hang up and call back later. Her number is 281-467-5766.

Now, would ya'll like to hear about my colonoscopy? :D Thanks for being such good friends to my sister.

hugs to all of you,

Susie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Susie thank you for letting us know about Kenna! Kenna now you better get yourself healthy and quick. I could of course put my MIL on the phone and you two can talk about colon problems :P:P:P! Ok now that I've gotten you to laugh (maybe more so once the drugs wear off and you remember the story) I'm going to send lots of prayers out for you! Get well soon.

Praying for Kenna, I know this can take some time to get over as my brother had a similar situation and was also hospitalized for a period of time. He is okay now and has to be very careful, some time later they elected to remove that portion of the colon as it came back and they took care of it with surgery. No problems since then, thank the Lord. Will pray for a quick healing for Kenna!

Archived