Surgery on Friday -- A Little Nervous -- I'M BAAAACK!!!!

I have a wee surgery tomorrow, having my gall bladder removed. I'm nervous, but anxious to get it over with. Apparently I only have to stay in hospital Friday night, home Saturday. My sweet (pregnant) daughter is coming to stay with me for a few days next week when Dave goes to work. I really think I'll be fine and won't need looking after, but I think I'll fake it so she'll stay! LOL! If you have a moment for an extra prayer, I would sure appreciate it. I'll be in touch after my surgery.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Linda! Prayers on the way.... Don't blame you for being nervous, but it's really not bad at all. I had mine removed about 10 yrs ago. A little sore for a couple days, but then you'll be feeling like new!.... and if you've been having gall bladder attacks, you'll be sooooo glad to get rid of it! Hang in there.... Will be thinking about you tomorrow! :)

Linda, I still have my GB but all my family members have "lost" theirs, ha! They all content they feel soooooo much better now. I pray you also will have a quick easy recovery and have a pain free life afterwards. I will remember you. Don't be nervous. Do what I do. When I have to have surgery I ask for something for anxiety and they give me a tiny itty bitty pill I can take so I can go in feeling like I am going to a party! ;) Bless you and bless your Doctor!!!

Oh Linda, I'll be praying for you. I had mine out back in the covered wagon days when it was a 7 day visit to the hospital. My daughter had hers out about 10 yrs ago and she was in and out like you will be. She recovered very quickly from hers and I'm sure that you will too.....but that doesn't mean that you don't have a few nerves showing up. The prayers from this group will be going up and then we will be hearing from you again soon. :)

You will feel so much better especially if you have been having gall bladder attacks! I had mine out 6 years ago and have felt ever so much better ever since. It is a quick recovery--you will truly have to fake it for your daughter or just all out beg for her to stay! My prayers are with you.

Guest Linda S

Blessings to you Linda! You'll feel so much better when that nasty thing is out. I think you're right about the recovery, but I'd fake it too. There's nothing like at least having some company while you recover.

Linda

My prayers are with you, you'll be up and quilting in no time.

I can't believe how many of us have had ours removed. I'm like PattyJO, had mine out in 1972, 11 weeks after giving birth to my oldest son. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks and they cut me from here to there!!! You are going to feel sooooo good afterwards, not to mention that you won't have to be afraid to eat all those good things that causes the painful attacks.

Linda, been there, done that about 15 years ago lapriscopic. It took me about two weeks to bounce back to normal but they did more cutting than expected once they got in there. Prayers sent your way!

Oh, and don't do what I did...after surgery the surgeon said I could eat anything and everything I wanted. I should have never taken that advice! I have extra pounds to show for it.:mad:

I had mine out 6 years ago and had no surgery related problems. However for a couple of years had 'stomach trouble' about 5 days a week. Dr. said about 30% of people have problems processing bile and gave me cholesterol med that causes constipation. No problems since as long as I take it daily. Just a heads up so you won't wait around like I did.

Good luck with surgery.

You will do great! I hope they do the orthoscopic (sp?), my MIL had it done that way and was back to work the next day (altough I wouldn't recommend that) Take some time off and put those feet up! Don't forget to grab a good quilt book first:) Oh and don't forget to moan and groan a few times, that way they will think you are really suffering!

Its almost eleven years since I had mine done through laproscopy.

Maybe my golf ball sized stone was the reason I took longer to recover.

Plus I didn't want my Kindergarten students running into me and giving me hugs.

I took four weeks off after surgery, couldn't frive for the first week.

Good luck with yours - I haven't been near an ER or a doctors since for stomach problems.

Lyn

Archived