Winner YEAH

Congratulations, Myrna! You did do a fantastic job with quilting that piece. Do you still have the photo you posted a while back that shows the quilting? It would be fun to see it again. I can't believe there are still quilters in the world whom it doesn't occur to, to give credit to the quilter....:(

Guest Linda S

Congratulations Myrna. I saw the quilt and thought, "hey, wait a minute! Didn't Myrna quilt that?" You'd think the AQS would have a little more respect for longarm quilters.

As an AQS member, I asked and received the following info:

You are correct that many quilts that are entered into contests have been quilted by someone other than the contestant. I can’t speak for how other shows work, but at AQS we list the quilt under the name of the contestant, who must be a maker of that quilt. The person who enters the contest determines whether they will be the only contestant, or whether they will list others who worked on the quilt (in any capacity) as a co-contestant(s). Many people do list a quilter as a co-contestant, some do not. Paid quilters, along with anyone else who stitched on the quilt, are given credit in the quilt description that is printed for each quilt in the show book. The description in the show book is also where design sources are credited. Professional longarm quilters have different agreements with their customers about how they will be credited and whether they will be included as co-contestants. These agreements are between the quilters and their clients and AQS does not get involved in these matters – we must depend on the contestants to provide accurate and complete information about their quilt, the names of everyone who contributed to its making, and the sources of any designs or images used.

Archived