Swirled & Feathered

Sparkle

I just finished this 30's print quilt top for a friend. I used the Circle Lord Swirls template board for the center section of the quilt. I probably won't attempt to do that again as stopping the stitching exactly at the border fabric seam line took a lot of extra time. Perhaps another design board would have worked out better for stops & starts.

I feathered the borders using a new to me feathering method. Spineless feathers. Learned from Elaine Huffman's book, "Crisscross Dancing Feathers". I like this method! for feathers :)new to me

post--13461905764783_thumb.jpg

Have had a quilt on my maachine for 4 days. Didn't think I wanted to take the time to swirlz the middle and crosshatch the borders. So have been piecing instead. But after seeing your lovely quilt, I am going to make the effort to use two different boards on the same quilt. It really looks lovely with a different border and just love your feathers.

thanks for sharing.

Marilyn

Angie, the quilt is so pretty, the Swirls look great on it and your feathers are wonderful!

I'm working on a quilt now, using the Circle Lord Zig Zag/Waves in the body of the quilt and will be doing something different on the border. Here's an idea to reduce the number of starts/stops. When you get to the end, raise the stylus and SID until it pops into the next groove and stitch back to the beginning. I can only think right to left when I'm at the back of the machine, but some templates would easily lend themselves to being stitched in both directions. Just a thought.

Rita, yes, that's me.

This picture is more recent, last month, in fact. Therefore I'm older....fuller face (more weight), and I no longer wear contact lens or makeup.

So it's more like I am now than the other one. Which was what I was when I was a "career woman" and worked for a living.

Although I sort of work now, I have no one to impress except my customers, and it's the quilting that impresses them, not makeup and business attire.

So now I wear what's comfortable and do what I enjoy doing....quilting tops, bringing them to life, hopefully.

Archived