My first photo posting attempt of my first quilt

If this works (crossing all fingers and toes) it will show a Mystery quilt from my local quilt group and my first real quilt properly done on my Millie.

I knew what I wanted in the blue triangles and borders and hoped to leave the bright triangles unquilted but had to pin them down and needed contrast so did it with with vermichelli. I now am quite pleased I had to do that, I quite like it.

I learned I don't much like SID on the diagonal on the LA it's hard! Vermichelli is quick and I like it. I love power advance, this would have been really tedious without it.

For a first quilt that is terrific... love it.. and it's one of a few quilts I'd rather see in the turquoise background than one done in white. LOL, I know, I'm stuck and love it. Posting can be downright confusing.. if too small try making it just a bit larger.

Keep stitching and pictureing so well.. you did Great!

That is a very pretty quilt. I like the colors and your quilting is good, one that would be good to remember for other quilts. Can you tell us what the pattern for the quilt is? That would be fun to do some day (does that day ever come on the calendar?)

Thanks for learning to post pictures, they are great.

Thank you all for your comments

Re photo size, followed Shannons advice and the first two are 40x40 the third 50x50 so I will try that in future.

Re the quilt pattern, it was a mystery quilt at my local group we had to turn up with 9 patch blocks already made and take precut squares when stitched they were supposed to be arranged to look like butterflies but mine flew away and left me with a snail.

Archived