My Feathered Star quilt took 2nd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone. ;) And yes, this is the quilt that the black fabric in the block itself shattered as the needle from my longarm went through it. I had to take out the original block and remake the Feathered Star, then put it back into the already made borders. Now I'm glad that I didn't just throw it away which was my first thought when the fabric began to shatter.

Melora, I sent you a u2u

Thanks everyone. You are such a good cheering squad! I'm still waiting for my "judge's" sheet. Somehow they didn't get mine printed out.

On a side note, another quilting sister came up to me and said that about 4 yrs ago, I had entered a blue and yellow quilt (my very first "real" quilt of mine that I did on my new millie) and she said that she was helping the judges and she had always wanted to meet me and tell me that even though I didn't get a ribbon, they were all very impressed with my stitching for a new longarmer! She said that she knew that none of that was written into the judges report. So when she saw my name tag while I was working at the Quilter's Rule booth, she was finally able to tell me the story. What a sweet heart. And it really made my week - along with all of you and your comments. Thanks again

Archived