NQR - BarbmWedding?

It's been a whirlwind few weeks: the run up to the wedding was a little stressful (think of altering the bride's mom's gown three days before the ceremony - 'cause I know how to use a needle and thread?)

But the preparations came together perfectly the morning of the wedding, especially a PVC arch that spanned 14 feet between a pair of eight-foot-tall columns, built by son (and father!) the previous day and decorated by yours truly. Perfectly, except for a light breeze that caught the tulle draped between columns - can you say "sail"? And this was just a couple of hours before guests would arrive... Five of eight columns came down, the arch broke, but with the herculean efforts of several members of the wedding party, the arch was rebuilt, redecorated and re-elevated to its previous position (but sail-less!).

The blended ceremony was wonderful and the party lasted a looooong time! Then we came home and started prepping for our OWN party, which was ten days ago. We had 50+ guests here for an open-house/reception, with babyback ribs and homemade ice cream. We had a houseful of guests for the weekend, but everyone has gone home and life is slowly returning to normal - well, "normal" for us!;)

First picture: the Christian portion of the ceremony (Groom's uncle conducting)

post--13461906928355_thumb.jpg

And the Persian part of the ceremony - the "sofreh." The women who have been important in the lives of the bride and groom hold a white cloth over their head, with a spread of symbolic objects in front of them. It was very cool!

(wish I'd thought about how dark my "transitions" lenses would get in the sunshine - looks like I'm trying to be "cool"!) :cool:

post--13461906928808_thumb.jpg

I was thinking the same thing as I logged on to the forum!!! How did the wedding go..and there were the pictures. I agree with Shana. Your DIL is gorgeous. Of course your son is very handsome and they make a beautiful couple. Congratulations. It looked like a huge success. Oh, and I love the fountain!!!

Archived