NQR but fun project

As many of you know my daughter will be married in Oct. and I've been busy helping her plan her special day. She has asked me to make the cake and she wants roses on her cake. I told her I've always wanted to learn how to make gumpaste roses and this is the perfect time to learn. I found a great DVD and this is my first attempt. It is not perfect but I'm very happy with it. Her theme color will be coral so this obviously is just for me :P. It actually matching my living room colors perfectly. Since the first day of spring was yesterday I thought I'd share my first bloom, completely made out of gumpaste (sugar, gum, gelatin). It is like playing with playdough on a whole new level! It is great fun. Everybody at work thought it was real. Made me very happy!

Next will be roses for the actual cake. The nice part is these will last a lifetime so I can make them well in advance of the wedding!

post--13461908316925_thumb.jpg

Heidi, that is really done well. How many more do you need to make? Maybe we should have you make some for my daughter's bouquet for July 28! It could be good practice! My sister and I have just spent the second 3-day weekend in the middle of the week making her wedding dress with a waterfall of ruffles spilling off the front. This rose would look great with them. Such very pretty work you do.

GollyDarn Heidi, you told me you thought it wasn't quite right!!! It looks as perfect as it can be! That just makes me thrilled for DD and that it gives you a free and relaxing time to play. So glad you are able to continue with things other than work and living issues.

God Bless,

RitaR

Archived