Borealis Quilt - lotsa fillers

This quilt was three years in the making and I finally finished it for our local quilt show this spring. I collected and collected batik fabrics and have lots of leftovers. I think a scrappy quilt is in my future. I saved every overall design I saw with this quilt in mind. There are more images on my Flicker page. http://www.flickr.com/photos/24406665@N03/page2/ It is not exactly hanging correctly on my diningroom wall, sorry it looks so wonky!7326975102_a636834dea_z.jpg

Borealis Quilt by chrisquilt00, on Flickr7327031128_705809cfc0_z.jpg

deta7327020230_c26786ffb6_z.jpg

detail Borealis by chrisquilt00, on Flickril Borealis by 7328349880_3f157ee1f7_z.jpg

detail Borealis by chrisquilt00, on Flickr7327251216_66599e08aa_z.jpg

detail Borealis by chrisquilt00, on Flickr/people/24406665@N03/]chrisquilt00[/url], on Flickr7327058096_957e3bc537_z.jpg

detail Borealis by chrisquilt00, on Flickr

Oh, such a beauty. I'm especially thrilled to see your spiral sun with light rays under the rainbow. So gorgeous. and your double feathers with the jaged points inside.. you have given me so many ideas.

BEAUTIFUL jobin piecing and design you quilted onto it. Also Varigated threads worked beautifully. I also love how you carried one element, such a flames with curved lines on into the leaves, and into the peacocks feather, into the sun & rainbow.

I think this is the first that gives me so many ideas on background. Into my favs it goes.. Thanks for showing and helping us.

Originally posted by CindyT

I just love all the different fillers you do! This is one neat unique quilt! The curved piecing would have scared me away.:D

Lol It scared me too until I used Sharon Schaumburg(sp) Piecelique (sp) technique to do the curves. It is so easy! It was in one of her free videos from a while ago. I had so much fun doing this quilt. I did try to not repeat any one fill, but finally had to give in and just repeat some. The Fillers inside the feathers came from a Patsy Thompson book. I love her stuff!

By the way, the pattern is not my design. It is from Ardvark Quilts. I saw it when I was visiting Scottsdale, Arizona a few years ago. It was hanging in the Quilted Apple I think.

Rita, I am always fascinated with background fills. If we are allowed to take pictures at quilt shows, I always have pictures of the fills other people do. Not the whole quilt! LOL The funniest thing to me is that DeLoa Jones has a fill she calls "Dragons Breath" that I have tried and tried to do and cannot. I love that fill. Maybe some day.

Originally posted by chrisquilter

Rita, I am always fascinated with background fills. If we are allowed to take pictures at quilt shows, I always have pictures of the fills other people do. Not the whole quilt! LOL The funniest thing to me is that DeLoa Jones has a fill she calls "Dragons Breath" that I have tried and tried to do and cannot. I love that fill. Maybe some day.

I'm with you, Chris! Have tried and tried to do "Dragon's Breath"- it's just a few simple shapes, she says - yeah right!

This quilt is drop-dead stunning and this post is going into favorites!

Archived