Today's the day

Well, it's finally here. Today is my first day of radiation. The plan is 33 days of radiation with weekends and holidays off so it looks like I should finish up around Christmas. I like my Radiation Oncologist and the staff. He's funny and he gets my sense of humor. I've been so tired recovering from the two surgeries that I haven't gotten any sewing done at all, although it hasn't stopped me from ordering some fabric online in anticipation of better days. I bought my Christmas cards and figured if I was too tired to do anything very physical I could sit in my recliner and make out Christmas cards. One year I was so efficient I had them done in October so I put stamps on them and put them in the trunk of my car to mail in December. I found them in February so I decided to mail them anyway. My husband said he thought it was a little too late. I said, "they're not late...they're REALLY early".

I finally broke down and hired someone to help with the house through this. She starts this morning too. I have an almost 3000 sq. ft two-story house and it's a lot to keep up. I thought the plantation shutters in all the windows were cool until they needed dusting and there's three bathrooms...neat until they need cleaning. I know I'm tired because I really would like to clean the house before she gets here, but my body says no. My asthma flared up last week so I'm trying to pretend it's not hard to breathe. My main goal today is to accomplish my shower and the trip in to have the radiation and a quick stop at Costco for candy for Halloween.

I'm getting used to the new forum. Missing all our pics though. Doesn't seem to be as many lately. I'm watching the storm on the East Coast. Interesting to watch, but I wouldn't want to be there. Hope everyone stays safe.

Oh...I love my book from Linda. I'm going to sit in my chair with my dry eraser board and pretend to quilt. :D

from the sound of things, you have not had nearly enough retail therapy!

get on the net and work that paypal...it will make you feel better.

but seriously, you sound exhausted. :(

i can't even begin to imagine how hard this is on you.

i'll be keeping you in my prayers.

stay strong.

Got you, OMA, in my prayers for better feeling days and a stronger body! Glad to hear you have received Linda's book. Mine hasn't arrived yet and must be taking the scenic route from Washington to Florida! LOL. SO enjoy and PPP for me too!

Let the people around you and love you help you on this journey help you! As women it's hard to accept that help sometimes. Hugs by the ton!

Oma, sending ((((((hugs))))))) and prayers as you go through your medical journey. So glad you are able to get help around the house. It will be easier for you to take care of yourself if you aren't looking around thinking about all the things that you aren't doing and think you should be....take care and let us know how you are doing.

Archived