My first grandbaby

My daughter delivered today after what seemed like a long labor to her Momma. I got to be there for it all. It was amazing. So many memories of giving birth to her ... she is my only natural child. Here's a picture of Roran, minutes old. His eyes were wide open and he is the most alert little guy!

post-5206-0-20117600-1358997585_thumb.jpg

post-5206-0-29948500-1358997679_thumb.jpg

Thank you, all! I'm still on cloud nine. Just three years ago I thought I would never get to be a grandma as my daughter married a man who was "fixed." Well, that didn't work out and he left her high and dry after spending her little inheritance. The guy she is with now is great and I can't wait for them to marry...patience for me is not a virtue in this situation. I wish they didn't do this "backwards" but I'm happy for them. I am realizing that all the mom worries I have for her now translate over to a grandchild, too. It's mentally exhausting and exhilarating at the same time, in a good way. :)

Bonnie, there is nothing better than being a Grandma. It is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. My husband and I vowed that we would never say "I can't wait until he ...". We are going to soak it all in and enjoy every minute of every age, something we never had time to do when we were the parents. Congratulations, enjoy every minute of it.

Bonnie:

When I was a senior in high school a friend got pregnant. Her mother was my mother's best friend since they were in grade school. Both mothers told us how disappointing it was but shortly after the little boy was born his Grandmother changed her tune. The phrase she continues to say is "Some of life's biggest mistakes become the biggest blessings".

Congratulations and enjoy Roran...it is your job to spoil him.

Archived