NEW = nqr - DH Update

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see a pix of DH. I am at a loss for words. Like everyone else, I will keep praying for the best for all of you. I pray that the Lord will always be with you and see you through this difficult time. Keep talking to us. We are one big disfunctional ( speaking for myself), loving family!!

Hi Bill, it's great to meet you, even if it is on a chat forum. Thanks for the picture. I appreciate your smiling countenance. God bless you for sharing your wife and life with us. You have seen and read for yourself, at least Patty Jo has read them to you, and you realize there are many people who are praying for you. No wonder you have a smile on your face. You inspire us all.

Patty Jo,

You and Bill are in my prayers. You can take comfort in the fact that Bill will be pain free and living at Jesus feet. Of course, you have a harder job to continue to exist here on this earth. I will be praying that you both feel the Lord's presence at all times and that he give you both the strength you need. He does know what is best and you have placed your trust correctly.

Take care and God bless you.

Bill and Patty Jo - I want you to know you are definetly in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there were words or something I could do to make this all easier for you. I am sending prayers, good thoughts, wishes and vibes all your way.

I had cancer when I was only 27 years old, without insurance, so I can personally relate to you on that level. Have faith, the money thing will work itself out.

I just wrote a whole novel to share my story with you for support, inspiration, and love but decided this was not really the place for that. But if you want to talk about it please let me know, I would love to share with you my experience so you know you are not alone and that not everything is all bad. My experience changed my life and made me appreciate the good and beauty there is right now. I am offering my shoulder for you both to lean on if you need me. I will check often for U2U's in case either of you want an ear and a hand.

I also have recent experience with hospice, which I think is a very good thing. Please take advantage of these angels, they are a true blessing. But don't pay too close attention to legal definition of hospice. They have to have some legal definition for insurance reasons but that doesn't mean it is a fact...

May you both have peace.

Patty Jo, My heart is breaking for you and your family. It's been a year since going through my husband's illness with him although it only feels like last month. One little piece of advice for now...when people come around to help with meals, etc...accept it in the spirit it's given. People that love you and Bill will want to help but not know how, so these little gifts help them in a small way and help you in a big way so you can save your energy for your family and Bill. I am sending you a big hug and wish I could do more. I remember telling my friends last year to just cherish each other and don't worry about stuff like balled up socks in the laundry...just cherish, and love and touch!

Patty Jo,

You are a gentle, gracious woman - I am glad to have met you, live and in person at Innovations!!! (Good thing that picture got deleted!)

Bill, that you for sharing your woman with us at Innovations!!!

Will be praying for the both of you. Philippians 4:6-7

Dear Patty and Bill,

The two of you are often in my thoughts The news is just awful and at times like this, the world is just too big.... I wish I could be of more assistance and support. Please feel strenghtened by the support that is sent to you and be asured in the knowledge, that you are not walking this path on your own.

Regards,

Please add my thoughts of strength for you both...

Your husband and I share the same damn disease.

My wishes are for the moments you can share with whatever makes you happy at this time. No regrets, no promises. Just live with what you can today, no one can guarantee what will come tomorrow.

Thanks for posting a picture of yourself Bill......now we have a beautiful smiling face to go with the name. My heart aches for the both of you but you have my prayers and thoughts with you at all times. God will guide you and help you through this troubling time and make each and every day be the best it can be. I am here to listen and to lean on so don't hesitate to email or call, I will help in ANYWAY I can. Hugs to you both, Renae

Hi Patti Jo. Harry and I prayed for you this morning. That God would take care of your finances, and that the time you have left together would be joyful. Thanks for posting Bill's picture. He looks like such a nice man.

I loved meeting you at the Spaghetti Factory (Innovations). Would love to see all of you again. There was not nearly enough time. And the noise.................... :P

Laura

Patty Jo,

So sorry I have not posted recently to offer prayers, hugs and support. I have been away from home and haven't had access to a computer. I know you are cherishing every moment that you and Bill get to spend together. God will watch over you both and shelter you in his arms. Take every day and enjoy it, don't stress over the things you can't control. The money thing wil work out. I know that is a big stress factor, as my dad was in intensive care for two months last year, and boy, do those bills seem to climb exponentially. The only thing that really matters is that Bill is well taken care of and that you get to spend every moment possible with him. I know that it is a comfort to know that God is with you and Bill as you go through this journey together. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Janet

Archived