A Couple of quilts I've been working on

I've been busy trying to quilt up my customer quilts that I have on hand. These 2 were quilted by a new quilter in the area so they are simple, but she did an amazing job preparing them for me. The quilting on them is also simple as that is what she wanted, but I think they turned out very nice. The first one is an "Hour glass & plain block" from a class that she took at the local quilt shop. I love the fabrics that she chose and it was a dream to quilt on......

2943136320094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is a closer look....

2318417870094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

The 2nd quilt is a baby quilt and she decided that she loved Terry Twists (from a 12" x 12" sample that I have made up in my studio) so I marked the plain blocks so that the TT's would continue throughout the body of the quilt. Then Bamboo shoots for the border. I hope that you enjoy Susan's quilts. As a new quilter, I think she did awesome....

2810028720094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

And then a close up.....

2459336740094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking. ;)

Lots of color and I can imagine the ease to quilt pieces like this. When a quilt lies flat and has no wavey borders or thick seam intersections, they truly are a joy to quilt. Quick, easy, and one satisfied customer! I'm working on a couple like that. Not much to show, but inspirational for sure! Thanks Patty Jo for posting.

They are wonderful .......... isn't it nice to get wonderfully prepared quilts - this gal will go far and you will be lucky enough to get more of her quilts:D. It's also nice to work on a quilt that is easy and goes quickly with such fabulous results. what a score!!! Thanks for sharing.

How did I miss this post? Pat, both quilts are wonderful--both the piecing and the quilting. Your new customer is doing very well. And she is lucky to have you as her quilter!

On the blue quilt--I see some nice "twisting" going on--did you also SID that one? It looks fab!

Linda from the North - Yes I think that I did do SID on that one as I stitched the seam lines from the 9 patches & continued them on thru the plain blocks. The twisting you see is the whole body of the quilt in Terry Twists. Fun to do & quick as well!!!!:)

Thank you all for the kind comments...I'll share them with Susan.;)

Archived