Best Compliment Ever!

Today my guild had a class that I went to. At the class was a member who, when I first got my LA, wanted me to bring in samples of the designs I could do. I thought about it, but got busy doing quilts instead and just let them speak for themselves. This woman and a few others in my guild take their quilts out of town to a woman with a computer system that does a 5 day turnaround. I can't compete with that, so I don't even try.

Today she tells me that she has a quilt she's bringing me to do when she gets the current quilting ripped out. She took it to this woman who suggested red thead; she agreed, and hated it when it came back. Its one of the many Victory Quilts I've been doing and she said that all you saw was the red thread....not the quilt. I started to talk about different things that could be done and she said..."I've seen your work, I want custom." I was thrilled!! She's quite picky, so I've been floating ever since.:)

Dory; so glad you were at your guild class even thou we missed you at the Marysville meeting. You had important things to talk about where you were. I'm sure your business is going to take off from now on and especially with the holiday season just around the corner. Best of luck to you.

Thanks, everyone! Actually, Boni, the ponies will be ridden...today in fact. Luckily, with winter coming, not so much riding and hopefully by next summer my house will be in order (and my customers won't have knocked the yurt down:D), so I'll have more quality time for both. If not, I am a government worker and there's always sick/mental health days...right???

It really was a great compliment and one I just had to share!

Archived