I'm a "newbie" and have been learning a ton of things from this wonderful group over the last couple of months since I found this site!! I just bought an HQ16 in March and you folks have inspired me to go to an APQS Road Show presentation tomorrow here in Florida. I'm so excited!! Today I received Claudia's DVD and have just finished watching it on my computer. It was TERRIFIC. . . .So much great info. . . . .and I can actually DRAW some feathers now. . . . and think I'll even be able to stitch them out! ! ! THANK YOU CLAUDIA and the rest of the you here. . .you are so fun to learn from!!!

Brenda: - -:cool:

Welcome Brenda!

I also have Claudia's DVD and you are right. It's so much info and fun, and I've tried some feathers on simple fabric ...

For me it's a little difficult to come to a Road Show ... it's a long journey from Germany to your site of the ocean :) But I have the opportunity to take classes with Claudia at the end of October, isn't that great? I'm looking very forward to it.

Wish you very much fun and happy quilting!

An Aussie welcome to the group too, Brenda! We are an international lot! You will find lots of help, encouragement and support here. I'm a new APQS owner ( Millie) although I used a Nolting for 3 years previously. So I'm on another learning curve too. I can't wait to get into my sewing room on the days I can quilt! I can't get to Road shows obviously, but I do go to classes whenever a visiting longarm teacher comes over to Western Australia. I haven't got Claudia's DVD (yet!) but I have got lots of others. They are incredibly helpful because it's easier to visualise what you're supposed to be doing. One of my favourites is Myrna Fickens " Just do it!"

Hopefully we'll see some photos of your lovely quilts soon!

Shelley in Western Australia

Archived