Just off the frame--custom. A couple more photos added

I have my customer's permission to post a picture of the quilt I just finished. She has only seen photos since she lives in Montana. This pattern is "Equinox" by Jackie Robinson of Animas Quilts but with the final border left off. Still, it was 109" square! Any larger and it wouldn't have fit on my 12' frame.

She wanted custom and it was on for 2 weeks. Lots of decisions made beforehand, but the large cream expanse was a "stand & stare" project. I used a wool batt and it took 21 BL prewounds--Dennis figured top and bottom threads totaled 5000 yards--almost three miles of thread. My shoulder believes it!

I couldn't get a full shot--too large for my photo wall.:)

post--13461906556355_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS MY QUILT!!! I can't express just how happy I am with it....I plan on putting it in some quilt shows and Linda will be getting top recognition as the quilter of this quilt. I am just stunned at how fantastic this quilt looks and I know when I see it in person I will be even more amazed. Everywhere I look there is another detail that comes out to shine. Beautiful, fantastic, awesome, incredible are just a few descriptions for this quilt....certainly shows just how wonderful of an artist Linda is!:D:P:):D

Archived