Polly's Pigeons.....

Ever feel like you are going round in circles....lol....finished this last week, it was a fun although time consuming quilt. My customer, Polly requested pebbles like the quilt in the book but we decided on a little more..... EQS Sew Simple Poly, Glide thread top and bobbin in Warm Grey...42" x 60" The pattern is from a book called Quilts Made Modern by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. 

6866254252_7393b66899_z.jpg

6866254260_cd7c9d9aa9_z.jpg

Polly loved her quilted pigeons....

Thanks guys, it is an eye catching quilt design isn't it.

Kristina, the original in the book had much larger allover pebbles...I think I would have lost control of the size doing bigger freehand pebbles/rocks, I also think the closer quilting gave the quilt more body/firmness for hanging....that's my excuse anyway!

Kay, I love that. The background and doves, fencing are just beautiful. the dove and cardinals make me think of our back yard. Cardinals and dove seem to be more heavily populated early in the morning and towards dusk. All drop in now and then during the day. We even have the fence, but ours is chain link.

You did a super job on that quilt.

RitaR

Looks fantastic Kay, you have a wonderful imagination, if a customer had asked for that much pebbling I wouldn't even have thought about the birds and telegraph wire......

Do you wear glasses? if you don't now - you will need them soon .....

Kay, You did a fantastic job on this quilt. Very creative and "outside of the box". Very beautiful! Now give those eyes of yours a rest!

Rita - My husband and I noticed that the cardinals gather early morning and at sunset in our red bud tree in the back yard. One night we counted 10 cardinals in the tree! I often make a point of looking out the kitchen window just to see how many cardinals have gathered in the evening. I love my back yard birdies!

Archived