Will I ever do this again????

After 3 weeks on the machine (working on it part-time) I finally finished with the thought that I hope I don\'t see another applique for awhile. NOT. As I\'m taking it off the machine, I get another order for the same quilt!!! Got to love those block of the month groups.

This was my first shot at echo quilting and it really is not as easy as it looks (for me anyway). Thanks for looking, more on my webshots:

2377373500100486409iuNRPM_th.jpg

I\'m still drooling over this, it\'s superb.

Could you please share which tools you used to do this amazing work.

Like cross-hatching used........

Feathers.............

One day I might want to try this......Well, maybe. But I know I wish I could do this right now, but I know I will have to keep practicing.

Gorgeous.. stupendous... and beautiful quilt and applique..

will I ever get there.. maybe.. sure trying.. you just have some beauties in your albums.. do you enter any in shows, fairs, etc.???

RitaR

Wow, I\'m so thrilled with all your great comments. Funny when your doing them up close and personal, you really think your work is just so-so. For me the trick to doing something like this is fine thread (So Fine) and a little loft in the batting. I talked my customer into QD\'s poly select and did not use her warm and natural. QD gives such great definition.

I used air eraseable pen on the cross hatching marking it with Renae\'s small ray tool just to keep the spacing even. The bird is a stencil and another motif in the border. The basket feathers are freehand, but I made a paper stencil of the vein so I could keep it somewhat uniform.

I\'m not crazy about the echo quilting (first time doing it that large) I\'m open for pointers on that myself. They are not perfect nor equally spaced, but it keeps with the folk art look, lucky me.

I have been quilting for three years and I owe all of who share your techniques and ideas for anything I quilt. Best advice, love what you do and keep on doing it.

Keep on sharing, THANKS

Archived